My dad, Bruce Millar

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Molly, thank you for sharing this.
No words can make things any easier just now but rest assured your dad's memory will live on, his sense of humour was immortal as is his soul.
Spend time grieving but then celebrate this wonderful guy's life.
Thinking of you all. Edd

Reactions: 219
Thank you for having the courage to write such a beautiful post.

May your father be at peace now and hopefully time will be a healer for the pain you endure with your great loss.

Above all, remember the good times and cherish the love he shared.

May Bruce rest in peace.

Oh my, terribly sad news. My sincerest condolences Molly.
What a character and inspiration Bruce has been and will continue to be for all who knew him.
Damn it ....

Sad news indeed he was a true gent , condolences to the family.
K

I am so sorry to her this,it was only Thursday that I looked up when Bruce was last on here,it was not like him to be away for so long.
We all knew he was battling cancer,we all hoped he would be with us for many more years.
I first met Bruce two years ago,I responded to his request for help,he had bought a dog guard for his BMW,but it was collection only from Ipswich,I picked it up and delivered it to him at Benz on the Green,he was such a nice man,I enjoyed his company and that of his wife at that meeting,people like Bruce only come along now and then,this forum is a poorer and sadder place for his passing,my thoughts I with his family and all the friends he has made.

Sincere condolences Molly on the loss of your father.

He was doubtless as fun, helpful and giving in 'real land' as he will be here on this forum.

Best wishes to you and yours in coping with this terribly saddening news.

Very sad to read this, didn't really expect it, thought he'd pop back in a week or two as he usually did.
He was a one off, a good egg, thank you for posting Molly and sincere condolences to you and your family.

So sorry to read this news, I have enjoyed reading Bruce's posts about his experiences and of course his lovely 300te. My condolences to you and your family.

View attachment 85450 View attachment 85451
Hi everyone,

I am Bruce's youngest daughter, Molly. My dad spoke of this forum often, and has made many friends through it, and so I felt it was appropriate to post this here.

As I'm sure many of you will know, my dad has been battling cancer and illness for the past five years, and experienced a recurrence of the cancer last April. He was admitted to hospital two weeks ago to have a procedure to alleviate some of his breathing difficulties; despite this working, dad did not recover from the strain of this, and sadly passed away yesterday morning.

My dad loved his cars, and restoring his Mercedes 300te gave him real joy and a release from his condition. He was very much looking forward to this year's Benz on the Green, an event which he thoroughly enjoyed last year. He attended with my mum and myself, and had a lovely time speaking to like-minded Mercedes enthusiasts and displaying his 300te, much like he did on here. It is a real shame that he will not be able to attend this year.

I hope that this forum can remember my dad as he was- passionate, dedicated, and (in his own words) "hideously good looking".

Thank you.

Molly

Really sorry to be reading the news Molly, and thank you for making such a difficult post to let us all know.
Your Dad was a highly valued member of the Mercedes community and his humour and courage always shone through.
Sincere condolences to you and your Mum.

Druk last year, Bruce this year. Sad times.

Molly, Deepest condolences , He was so passionate about his Merc and i loved the work he carried out on the TE, I was hoping to see him this year at Benz on the Green as id never seen him or the car in the flesh.

Great courage in posting the sad news, he was a valued Member of the forum. May he rest in peace and you have our thoughts my family to yours.

x

Gavin

Very sad news Molly , I had never got to meet your father but was looking forwards to making his acquaintance at Benz on the Green next month.
He was a real inspiration to me when I had Prostate Cancer last year ( the treatment seems to have been successful ) and made me realise how lucky I was to avoid the need for extended treatment.
I like very many others enjoyed all his contributions to the forum and will miss his varied and interesting posts.
My sincere condolences to you and all the family.
Chris

Very sad news. I always enjoyed reading your dads posts. Condolences. This place will be duller without him.

So sorry to hear sad news Molly. My condolences...

So sorry to hear this terrible news.
My thoughts go out to you and your family.
Bruce could talk the hind legs of a donkey and I loved my chats with him.
He will be very much missed by his many friends.

Very sad to read this.

For a long time now it felt like Bruce was going to get through whatever the "rollercoaster" (as I call it from my own personal experience) threw at him including this latest setback.

I lost my mum 4 years ago, after a 7 year battle, and father in law 2 years ago after a 5 month battle, to the same wretched disease. Whilst on the one hand it gives you time to say and hear all the things you want to say and hear, it still hits you like a train when the time comes.

Make sure you look after yourselves and take the time to do what you feel you need to do

I never met Bruce and whilst we only share the same interest in Mercedes and both use the same Independent, it was very obvious Bruce was a decent and amusing chap who certainly lit up the forum with some enlightening threads at times.

Best wishes and sincerest condolences.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom