My dad, Bruce Millar

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Very sad news. My sincere condolences to your family.

Reactions: 219
I'm very sorry to read this. My sincere condolences to you and your family.
Rest In Peace, Bruce.

I'm so sorry to hear this Molly, Bruce and I had a lot of fun together working on his W124 and shooting the breeze. My regards and condolences to your mum, always so friendly and hospitable when I came down to visit.

Molly,

I am so sorry to hear about your daddy.

I stumbled across your Dad's thread about his illness a few years ago, quite by accident. It resonanted with me as I had a similar food-pipe (can never spell that damn word when I need to) issue as he, with mine also being totally removed, but thus far I've been down a somewhat different path to him.

As I said to him on the thread a while back, I felt a certain (perhaps illogical) comradery with him, having walked a little way dow the same road, and thus I felt uplifted and emboldened with his reports of good news, and likewise saddened when things were not so great.

I only know him from here, and even then quite casually, however what I do know is that your dad was a great guy in all the ways that mattered, in genuineness, compassion, humour, and empathy and he clearly had an amazing ability to see positivity where possible.

So in your natural grief I hope you will take some consolation in knowing that his "touch" on this forum was warmly received and will be long remembered, and we that did not get to meet him in real life can only imagine how wonderful a father you clearly had.

Last edited:
I'm so sorry to hear this. We will miss him.

Such sad news - Bruce was an inspiration, not least in his tales of his battle with cancer over recent years. My sincere condolences to you all. Peter

My sincere condolences to you and your family Molly. - Your father was an inspiration to many of us on this forum.

May the coming days and these genuine messages from forum members ease your pain. Bruce was a special person and will not be forgotten.

Bugger - not Bruce :(

He provided colour in what can be a grey world sometimes.

I recall he sent me something once that he maybe shouldn't have sent ;) and upon arrival I struggled to get it to configure.
We had a brief chat about it, whereupon he said "oh f*ck it - throw it away and I'll send you another" - very typically Bruce :cool:

A sad loss indeed - thanks for sharing at this difficult time Molly,

Hello Molly,

Gosh, what sad news. Please accept my condolences to you and the rest of the family.

I corresponded with your dad last year, offering advice on his work situation. I didn't get to find out how that worked out for him and now to hear he has passed away as the result of the illnesses so bravely borne and yet in part shared with the forum, well, I am so, so sorry for your loss. Please take comfort in the knowledge he was a popular and well-liked contributor and will be missed.

My thoughts are with you and your family,

Stuart

Molly. I have only seen this thread now. Please accept my sincere condolences on your dad's passing.
I hope you and the rest of your family can take some comfort in the coming days from the genuine and heartfelt comments above.

I will keep you all in my prayers.

David.

Hi Molly, I'm extremely sorry for your and your family's loss. Please accept my sincere condolences.

While I never had the pleasure of meeting him, your father certainly came across as a colorful character and he will be very much missed by many of the loosely associated collection of enthusiasts on this forum (myself included of course).

It's probably too early to think about at this stage, but you and your family should consider attending the Green event in his honor. I'm sure he would be proud to be represented by you. The previous comments should leave you in no doubt he was held in very high regard.

Good luck in the difficult times ahead but be assured it will get easier. His essence will never leave you.

Molly i never met Bruce,, but we talked so many times on the forum, and by phone .It was as if we knew each other for a life time .I remember once i told Bruce about the under bonnet felt on my W124, and Bruce knew right away what i was talking about. He soon sent me a tin of glue he had used to fix his own W124. And from what Bruce had told me over the phone i knew he was fighting this problem . And had been for some time . In turn i sent a few tools .I did this just to help to take his mind off it little .I do hope that in the place above, that Bruce gets the pick of the tools . And second best just would not do . RIP Bruce .

So sorry to hear this. I didn't know Bruce on a personal level but thououghly enjoyed his posts.
He will be greatly missed........

crikey this is just awful news your Dad will be sorely missed.

A big Internet hug to your family.

Molly,

I'm so sorry to read this and am deeply saddened for your loss. Whilst there is a great community here, it's still the 'internet' and all that goes with it. Your Dad was one of the people that kept it real for me, and I wish I had met him. It's clear to see what high regard others have for him in so many ways, and he will be sorely missed.

My condolences go to your Mum, sister and family. RIP Bruce x

Dear Molly,
I was very sad to read your post about your Dad, Bruce, passing away. My sincere condolences to you and the family at this terrible time.
I also never had the pleasure of meeting him in person, however as with others , we had some messages between us. He was a great likeable character, and despite the obvious pain and suffering he was in, he always managed to convey an element of humour into his writings on here.
I feel genuinely sad, that we will hear no more from him. Please be not a stranger on here.
R.I.P. Bruce ...Ride the winds, and be free of pain.

Steve ......

Mods.... As a tribute to Bruce, can this thread be made a sticky please

Very sad news. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom