My dad, Bruce Millar

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

brucemillar

MB Enthusiast
Car
C55 AMG Wagon - W124 300te 4matic Wagon - BMW 4.8is X5 E53 - SWB Pajero 3.5 V6 24v
20180505_123450-min.jpg 20180505_153304-min.jpg
Hi everyone,

I am Bruce's youngest daughter, Molly. My dad spoke of this forum often, and has made many friends through it, and so I felt it was appropriate to post this here.

As I'm sure many of you will know, my dad has been battling cancer and illness for the past five years, and experienced a recurrence of the cancer last April. He was admitted to hospital two weeks ago to have a procedure to alleviate some of his breathing difficulties; despite this working, dad did not recover from the strain of this, and sadly passed away yesterday morning.

My dad loved his cars, and restoring his Mercedes 300te gave him real joy and a release from his condition. He was very much looking forward to this year's Benz on the Green, an event which he thoroughly enjoyed last year. He attended with my mum and myself, and had a lovely time speaking to like-minded Mercedes enthusiasts and displaying his 300te, much like he did on here. It is a real shame that he will not be able to attend this year.

I hope that this forum can remember my dad as he was- passionate, dedicated, and (in his own words) "hideously good looking".

Thank you.

Molly

Oh my god, I wasn't expecting to read this. I am so so sorry to hear this, Bruce was a very valued member of the community. :(

Terribly sorry to hear this sad news Molly. My sincere condolences - he was a character.

Reactions: 219
So sorry to hear of his passing. I actually thought just a few minutes earlier when reading another thread about Halfords tools that he hadn’t posted for a few days.

His character will be missed, may he rest in peace.

Thoughts to all of the family.

Will

So sorry to hear this, sad news indeed.

Please accept my sincere condolences, i had a text-a-thon with Bruce about the Aygo. Such a gentleman and always there to help others RIP

Very sad news. I have enjoyed reading Bruce’s posts over the years. My condolences.

Hi Molly,
I am so sad to hear your news - Bruce was such a valued member of this community.
Best wishes
Steve

A truly inspirational man, he supported me when my son was first diagnosed with his brain tumor.

Bless you Molly and your family x

So sorry to be reading this. Never had the pleasure of meeting your father in person but exchanged many a personal mail. He was an absolute gent of a man with a character to rival most.

Thoughts to all of your family at this difficult time. xx

He was a character for sure , our love and thoughts are with you and your family now.

Hi Molly,
Sorry to hear your news. Bruce was a lovely man: a natural enthusiast and communicator.
Best wishes to your family, and thank you for taking time to let us know.

This is sad and upsetting.

I just kind of took it for granted that the way Bruce recounted his experiences and presented himself here that he would continue to find a way forward. As a result this feels very sudden.

Over the years he has offered help, been informative, shared interesting experiences, and has been entertaining.

He will be missed.

My sincerest condolances Molly on your family's loss, and for the fact that I'm the scruffy urchin on the right in cargo shorts, ruining the "One Gentleman and his Wagon" photo.

I shall miss our conversations around the irrational restoration of old Mercedes beyond all reason, and his comedic observations on everyday life, but I will remember them warmly.

Dear Molly. What devastating news, Bruce will be remembered by us all just as he always was,funny,dry humoured but most of all helpful to a fault. I was diagnosed with cancer last year and had to have biopsies scans chemo Etc. Your dad and his cancer story on this forum helped me deal with it, whilst I am not completely out of the woods yet but I am nearly done with it. Bruce and his 300 TE adventure showed both his determination and attention to detail. He was also massively proud of you and your sister, please give my most sincere condolences to Mum for me.

Yours

Richard

PS Despite my avatar I have no Scottish heritage it was put up in support for your wonderful Dad.

God Bless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom