My dad, Bruce Millar

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
So very sorry to read this sad news.

I have never met Bruce but enjoyed many of his posts.

I’m sure you will have wonderful memories of your father.

God bless RIP

Robin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: 219
Molly, having only had the pleasure of knowing your Dad through his posts on this forum, it was clear that he was a very funny, intelligent, and kind man, who loved his family deeply. He was very proud of you all. Thinking of you and your family.

RIP Bruce.

Molly, having only had the pleasure of knowing your Dad through his posts on this forum, it was clear that he was a very funny, intelligent, and kind man, who loved his family deeply. He was very proud of you all. Thinking of you and your family.

RIP Bruce.
Same thoughts here. Thank you Molly for taking the time to post on here.

I did not know him personally but enjoyed his writing on here. He's a bit of a celebrity on Benz on the Green as well.

He had wise words for those of us who have also suffered from cancer, including myself. He will be dearly missed. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Has anyone seen/acted on this post from Natacha at PCS on the "Benz on the Green" thread (post #261)?

"I dont know why it has taken me so long to see the post from Molly about Bruce's passing but I imagine we are all feeling equally as gutted about it. I would love for his family to still attend BOTG but understand it will still be very raw and they may not want too. Does anyone know them well enough to ask gently if they would like/are able to join us still in the green machine? We are happy to help in anyway possible to get his car here this year if they aren't able too (insurance reasons etc) preferably with Carol, Molly and Roisin in tow! If you do get in contact, please please please send our condolences, it will NOT be the same without Bruce there this year. We are all thinking of them and will be sure to raise a glass for Bruce this year.
Natacha"

I’m so sorry to hear this Bruce was a lovely man and will be very sorely missed by all.

I want to say more but can’t really find the words and if I could I don’t know if they would help. I lost my mum to cancer when I was 25 and it was the hardest time of my life.

I never met Bruce but greatly admired and respected him.

My sincerest condolences to you and your family.

Last edited:
View attachment 85450 View attachment 85451
Hi everyone,

I am Bruce's youngest daughter, Molly. My dad spoke of this forum often, and has made many friends through it, and so I felt it was appropriate to post this here.

As I'm sure many of you will know, my dad has been battling cancer and illness for the past five years, and experienced a recurrence of the cancer last April. He was admitted to hospital two weeks ago to have a procedure to alleviate some of his breathing difficulties; despite this working, dad did not recover from the strain of this, and sadly passed away yesterday morning.

My dad loved his cars, and restoring his Mercedes 300te gave him real joy and a release from his condition. He was very much looking forward to this year's Benz on the Green, an event which he thoroughly enjoyed last year. He attended with my mum and myself, and had a lovely time speaking to like-minded Mercedes enthusiasts and displaying his 300te, much like he did on here. It is a real shame that he will not be able to attend this year.

I hope that this forum can remember my dad as he was- passionate, dedicated, and (in his own words) "hideously good looking".

Thank you.

Molly
Oh my gosh Molly I am so sorry to hear this sad news, I never met Bruce but answered some of his post's over the years . His love of his lovely dogs & mine, his 4x4 & sometimes about our or others health issues. He was a real person, grounded ,I used to look forward to his post's,a lovely ,lov lov guy, God bless him.

I just read this. Such sad news. My condolences to Bruce’s family. I met him once, last year, where we chatted at Benz on the Green during the raffle. A true gentlemen who always tried to make the best of his situation. May he rest in peace as one of life’s true gentlemen.

OMG....just catching up on the forum after a few busy weeks with work.

Such sad news and Molly, so sorry to hear of your dad's passing. My very best wishes to you and all your family. I'm am not sure how useful I could be but you would only need to ask anything. Would be only to happy to help do anything for such a fantastic man.

The news made me very sad at first but this thread has helped me remember all the good things about Bruce.....and there were so many.

I was never lucky enough to meet Bruce in the flesh but was hoping to this year at BOTG. I shared many discussions on threads with Bruce and had a couple of great chats on the phone that started with Internet connections and led to all sorts.

One of life's eternally great men. So honest, genuine and a lovely man. He will be so missed. You should be so proud to call him your father.

We had much in common in our views at attitudes on here and I always respected his views and opinions. It was always a breath of fresh air to read his posts. He was often like a magnet for funny things happening to him. Obviously his illness is not one of them but I was amazed how he purveyed such strength and positivity throughout it all. Also honesty and awareness to many about this terrible illness. You always know behind the scenes this is rarely the case but the laughter and joy he gave me over the years is always appreciated. I chuckled so many times reading his posts.

One of life's good guys that will be sorely missed. Rest in peace Bruce and maybe we will get to meet in another life.

Lots of love and best wishes to all
Dean
x

I am just getting the lanyards together for Benz On The Green and have come across Bruce's, gutted. I have tried to contact Molly via Facebook but it wont let me message her. Hope the family are doing ok xx
Natacha

Dear Molly,

I am so sorry to hear the sad news about your Dad. I had the pleasure to meet him on one occasion and will remember the help that he gave me.

Try to remember the good times, having been where you are now after loosing my parents to Cancer, time will make things easier, thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

RIP Bruce.

Tan

It seems that Bruce's account has not been used again since the the thread was first created.

If anyone knows the family personally perhaps it would be a good idea to contact them and let them know of the existence of these posts.

(I appreciate that they may have seen these posts without logging in).

Was anything done to remember Bruce at Saturday's event?

Yes, a few words were said in his memory and everyone toasted Bruce's life and spirit.

I believe there's an intention to have a specific award as from next year.

Was anything done to remember Bruce at Saturday's event?

The hosts spoke about Bruce and his contributions to the forums and Benz on the Green events. A glass was raised by all in his memory, applause given and there was a suggestion to create an award for the Benz on the Green meeting going forward to remember him :thumb:

View attachment 85450 View attachment 85451
Hi everyone,

I am Bruce's youngest daughter, Molly. My dad spoke of this forum often, and has made many friends through it, and so I felt it was appropriate to post this here.

As I'm sure many of you will know, my dad has been battling cancer and illness for the past five years, and experienced a recurrence of the cancer last April. He was admitted to hospital two weeks ago to have a procedure to alleviate some of his breathing difficulties; despite this working, dad did not recover from the strain of this, and sadly passed away yesterday morning.

My dad loved his cars, and restoring his Mercedes 300te gave him real joy and a release from his condition. He was very much looking forward to this year's Benz on the Green, an event which he thoroughly enjoyed last year. He attended with my mum and myself, and had a lovely time speaking to like-minded Mercedes enthusiasts and displaying his 300te, much like he did on here. It is a real shame that he will not be able to attend this year.

I hope that this forum can remember my dad as he was- passionate, dedicated, and (in his own words) "hideously good looking".

Thank you.

Molly
Molly , I hadn't been on the forum in a while , and am both shocked and saddened to read this - my deepest condolences to you and your family .

Bruce was a great stalwart of this forum , always there when a bit of humour was required , and a great source of wisdom , not just automotive .

I just hope he's up there with Derek Rhind , concocting some genius solution to an other worldly problem ...

The world , and this forum , is a poorer place without him .

And , yes , you clearly got your good looks from your dad :)

Reaching five pages on a forum surely shows how many people valued his contributions. Lets hope that Molly comes on occasionally, to let us know if she learns how to use any of her Dads fabulous tool kit.
And what a tool kit Molly has inherited .

59996098_2292355177454458_3674080449958772736_n.jpg
59996098-2292355177454458-3674080449958772736-n.jpg

59996098-2292355177454458-3674080449958772736-n.jpg

Saw that when I bought my raffle tickets - sad that your attempt to get Molly, family and green machine to BOTG was unsuccessful. Thankfully we were there when Bruce was remembered, and heard your plans for the award in his name next year - fitting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom