My dash cam fitted

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

A250 Bennyboy

Car
A Class A250 w176

Got a dash cam, did you know you get 10% off insurance with one fitted.
Got myself a NextBase £70.00/ SD card £15.00/ Halford hard wired it in £50.00 along with its own power supply
Only thing I'm not to keen on is the window mount suckered pad, been looking for a different mount but didn't have much luck. Could do with one a bit more discrete.

Cheers:thumb:

They are not just any dice they are city dice, got have my city dice :bannana:

And I getting at least 20bhp extra. Got fit an AMG badge and get another couple of hundred at least :rock:

Great banter loving it :thumb:

You trusted Halfords? Wow!:eek::D

Halfords rescued me Saturday morning - found the 968 battery dead despite it having been on the conditioner for a week, within 1 hour found local Halfords had the same battery, ran down there, they fitted it - and tested the alternator (which passed with flying colours!). Shortly heading back for MoT - they've done both my cars for the last 9 years.

All I can say is.....keep away from my local one then.....am not returning there, ever.

Not even for a battery.

Most insurance company are doing it now, give yours and ask them if they do a discount for a dash fitted, I'm with Esure and they gave me 10% off my premium

And to be fair I couldn't fault halfords, the guy fitting my dash did a really good job, but if your knowledgeable with wiring then it's pretty doable yourself, just a bit tricky tucking in the cable.
I'm not to good or confident when it comes to electrics so I don't mess.
Cheers
Ben:thumb:

What happens if you're involved in any incident and for some reason the dash cam is not working?

Does it invalidate your insurance?

Careful

I was looking at those and seems they have a poor charging circuit which will eventually kill the battery and it stops recording @ the loss of power (good chance that is when you will need it).
Seems to do some strange boot loop when it is going

I've had a halfrauds purchased nextbase 202 lite in my truck so gets used for many hours every hour of the week for well over a year and it's still going strong. Video quality isn't the best but it's good enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom