My detailing is no different from 30 years ago - am I foolishly behind the times?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Snowfoamed, Shampooed, Clay mitted and Magnad the C207, all Autoglym products except the Clay mitt which was G3, Autoglym don't do one, couldn't believe how much contaminated the car was, it virtually turned Purple, was going to dry and Polish it, but it started sipping it down 🙄 still least I got something done. 🙂👍

Nice Sunday evening in St Helens, watching Telly, got bored, so sprung into action, cleaned me car, with Showroom Shine, took me about a hour. 🙂👍
View attachment 130337
Well worth it. Looks spot on. That new drive is still looking sharp too 👍🏻

Last edited:
car looks amazing with those wheels, I assume its lowered as well???
kc

Well I'm definitely sold on the FinishKare #425!

The car was dusty but not really dirty, so I just used some AutoFinesse ceramic foam and then went around the nooks and crannies with a soft detailing brush. I gave her a power rinse, dried off and then a couple of passes with the #425 detailer.

No filters, straight out of the camera...

IMG_20220804_133355_copy_2432x3033.jpg

The car was dusty but not really dirty, so I just used some AutoFinesse ceramic foam and then went around the nooks and crannies with a soft detailing brush. I gave her a power rinse, dried off and then a couple of passes with the #425 detailer.

View attachment 130494
Looking smoooooooth:cool:

View attachment 130494
Good to hear you like the results 😉

Car looks great 👍🏼

It does leave a really slick finish 👌🏼
👍🏼

View attachment 130494
Lightly buff with a dry microfibre after applying 425 for an enhanced finish 👍🏼

I always wash my own cars.. unless on the odd occasion I am running late, and my car is filthy!
A few days ago.. I had to wash the car in a hurry, and as it was soo hot and I didn't want to get sweaty.. I thought I would take it and have a quick rinse at one of those hand car wash places.. I pulled in.. and saw a newish C Class.. having its go... the "expert" was standing at the rear side of the car.. the boot was open.. and he was Jetwashing the top boot seal!!
he then with one hand pulled out the corner of a piece of plastic apparently protecting the boot carpet.. no chance of water falling off the end and into the boot electrics then?? Der! I didn't bother, I drove straight out.. went home and washed it myself... If you want something done properly... :rolleyes:

I always wash my own cars.. unless on the odd occasion I am running late, and my car is filthy!
A few days ago.. I had to wash the car in a hurry, and as it was soo hot and I didn't want to get sweaty.. I thought I would take it and have a quick rinse at one of those hand car wash places.. I pulled in.. and saw a newish C Class.. having its go... the "expert" was standing at the rear side of the car.. the boot was open.. and he was Jetwashing the top boot seal!!
he then with one hand pulled out the corner of a piece of plastic apparently protecting the boot carpet.. no chance of water falling off the end and into the boot electrics then?? Der! I didn't bother, I drove straight out.. went home and washed it myself... If you want something done properly... :rolleyes:
You might appreciate this, if you haven’t seen it before …

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

You might appreciate this, if you haven’t seen it before …

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
:eek: :fail:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom