My development thread...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 37751

Due to popular demand (two people asked) I thought I'd start a thread on my forty acre development.

(It's the part with the outline of a crow)

Still in very early stages, it's more than likely going to be two developments; one side will be a dozen executive bespoke houses, the other will be affordable housing.

Not much else to tell other than that, other than the frustrations in dealing with the planning department but that's par for the course. I'll update the thread as I go along.

Nice one. Should keep you busy for a while. Yes and best of look dealing with the planners - a$$hats all of them are :D

Should keep you busy for a while.
I knew I wasn't doing enough when the wife started finding jobs around the house for me to do.

Yes and best of look dealing with the planners - a$$hats all of them are :D
It could be seen as being a tad frustrating when you have one council department whispering in your ear that they're crying out for new homes, yet the other department is like dealing with a bitter ex girlfriend that blames you for everything bad that's ever happened in the world.

(Maybe not quite as dramatic as that but you get the gist!)

I'm still looking for the crow!

Love it :thumb:

Be prepared to justify lots and lots what may seem like small stuff, for example refuse provision and the like in amongst the big stuff.

My advice would be to pay for professional services where appropriate, as time always costs money.

PHEW! For a moment, I thought this thread might be about puberty. :eek:

anyone want a couple of acres at the m40/m25 junction area? Denham. houses on 4 sides.

I cant see a crow either

He means...where's you access?

Ah right...

The posh development side is easily accessed from a slip road (it's got excellent transport links) and the other side has multiple entrances through an ex-council housing estate.

Charles is querying who can have you by the taters. Let's hope there isn't a ransom strip :(.

A pal of mine got £30K (25 years ago) for 100ft of his garden as the ransom strip to access ' Foxes Meadow'. It took the developer several years to get the land from him.

Shrewd.

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to reading this thread.

I keep looking at parcels of land around here, but being in Surrey they are absurd sums of money and I just can't make the numbers add up.

Interesting to follow this.

My parents have been battling this for years. We finally have Bewley homes backing it now but still 4 years after planning application we are no further forward!

Land South of Ash Lodge Drive

I'm sure there'll be a few NIMBY's but I don't envisage any access problems, I'm a persuasive man.

By hook or by crook is our family's motto.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom