My Ding a ling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Danny DeVito

Car
V220 CDI
Do you know it Chuck Berry ? My boy (9) heard it on Simpsons, promptly found it on youtube and then went in reciting parts of it to his teacher.

That's what 9 year olds do!!

Bet you are really NOT looking forward to parents evening now.

I remember him singing it live on TV, on TOTP, or RSG or the like, caused a bit of a furore among viewers (or those that hadn't seen it but wanted to make a fuss, as often is the case:devil:)

Recorded at the Locarno, Coventry iirc.
Chuck recorded a number of songs with risqué content - just listen to 'south of the border' ;)

Going to introduce our Granddaughters to the benefits of Mr Berry. May cause a bit of a stir somewhere.

Ahh the innocence of him, we thought it was really funny and wondered what she must have thought when he started with it. South of the border. i think the title tells the story.
I used to listen to it on my mams records but i got the idea i must have been older.

I seem to recall seeing Rolf Harris drawing illustrations while Berry sang it.

And Jenny Talia (daughter of Kevin b****y Wilson) also did a song on the same subject matter…..

I'm guessing there's a reference dictionary for songs of this ilk?!! A mate of mine moved to Perth some years ago, and I'm sure he said he did some guitar session work for Kevin Wilson, but he's passed on now, and my search skills are hopeless.

We saw Kevin BW and his daughter perform on his retirement tour, live songs seem to have a bit more "meat" to them than recorded :eek:
;)

We saw them at the Playhouse in Weston-super-Mare. did not take the wife though. Oddly enough , the C.D. i bought after the show disappeared :( Do you remember his song , you can`t say c*** in Canada?

I cannot remember most of his songs, I was in tears through all of them.......great evening, and my wife booked it up!

boxbrownie said:
I cannot remember most of his songs, I was in tears through all of them.......great evening, and my wife booked it up!

Just look on YouTube, there are loads. My favourite is "old home videos" it made me smile through my divorce, and I had a cake with "dilligaf" iced on it at the decree nisi party!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom