My Dream Red C43 on Pistonheads

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tjamesbo

Car
CLK430 ,Vito V6 sport ,Jaguar 2.5 X type ,W124's 1993 220TE , 1994 320TE ,Mastercraft X5
Used amg c43 v8 for sale - PistonHeads (Ref 791281)
I want this car so badly but current circumstances dictate it is not likely to be, at this point in time.:wallbash: :wallbash::wallbash: I would love to know if anyone knows the car or history / condition I could be up for it in 12mths time if it ever gets resold so may need to contact the eventual buyer should they wish to resell in the near future .
I missed the other red one it was sold by Buchanan motors about 6mths ago ........ another opportunity missed .:(
Boyd

Last edited:
Used amg c43 v8 for sale - PistonHeads (Ref 791281)
I want this car so badly but current circumstances dictate it is not likely to be, at this point in time.:wallbash: :wallbash::wallbash: I would love to know if anyone knows the car or history / condition I could be up for it in 12mths time if it ever gets resold so may need to contact the eventual buyer should they wish to resell in the near future .
I missed the other red one it was sold by Buchanan motors about 6mths ago ........ another opportunity missed .:(
Boyd

Lucky you did miss it...It's the same car only now it's 2k cheaper. Not that you weren't paying attention or anything ;)

Guilty as charged didnt spot that
even more of a bargain then ?

+1 sounds like the OP needs to buy this! Looks pretty good value and surely these wont depreciate too much more

for once it isnt the money I am running out of space !
1 The 320CDI is a great workhorse for Towing the Boat and the Caravan so it isnt going .
2 The Wifes 240 is in incredible nick both bodywork and mechanically she still loves it doesnt want to swap so its staying
3 The 220TE is here but on Loan to Son #1 till he gets a racevan for his karting, I would dearly love to restore her, but thats another big question
4 The Ford Ka is the spare / emergency car and also the one that son # 2 is learning to drive in so it isnt going yet......... either
Over the winter I have to store the Skiboat and Caravan which are site based in the summer
So far that is 6 mechanical things all getting on a bit that require fettling etc and taxing insuring without counting space requirements .

Being Honest I'm not sure I can cope with another ageing mechanical assett . Heart says yes but my head has doubts. If the rest of the fleet was newer and all sorted I'd be there but at least one has to go
theres also the SWMBO factor we dont need another car ......:dk:.
yes we do ...... its red ...... its a V8 ....... its a merc........ its a classic :D

To get the C43 I either need to upgrade all the fleet
or move house to something with more storage and seeing as we have spent the last 5years renovating this and doing it up and still not finished either .I'm kind of cornered and tend to end up doing the "sensible thing " :(

Last edited:
I'll look after it for you until you have the space :)

Just buy the bloody thing.

IIRC if this is the Buchanan Motors car it was supposedly bought at auction for around £3,500 then obviously detailed as it looked immac in their pictures
7 owners is quite a few tho, doesnt really amount to a cherished history ?

I dont think the history or number of owners is that relevant, having looked at 10 plus C43's before i got mine paperwork was no indication of condition.

Get it inspected, thats the only peace of mind that will work

I didnt like it in red, but now Im realy think about it...4k is not bad at all...
And its not the scam as I first thought, just spoke with seller...its in Gravesend near Dartford...
I've been warned No offers under 4k! :eek:

The car now belongs to myself keep in touch as I do not plan to keep it long purchase of c55 looms! The car is mint fully checked out and ££££ spent to keep it that way

I'll PM you my e-mail and contact details . Thanks for that , My driveway is just too busy at moment and too much to sort on the other 3 mercs Hopefully I'll be clearer approaching next summer .
My Heart said yes but head says no . It would have been too much at the moment .
Enjoy it and let me know when its disposal time .
Boyd

I dont think either of us have got PM facility yet not sure when it kicks in I thought I'd have it being over 25 posts
Keep us up to date with your experiences on the car I am sure more than just me will be interested, this is a good forum I posted mainly on the " other side " The Owners Forum ,and there is also benzworld .
We all have one thing in common we are fanatical about our Mercs:D
Whereabouts are you ?

I'm in Manchester matey names Seb mate it had budget tyres on the car so currently searching for right set up for 18" on the rear what do you suggest

Sorry no Idea if you post here as a seperate new post I'm sure others will have advice . I can PM message now so I have sent you my details should you be selling it in the future.
Boyd

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom