My dyno results from an ECU custom map from DMS Automotive on my 2002 SL55

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

epicnerdrage

Car
SL55 AMG (2002) MSL Modified
Thought you might be interested to see what results DMS Automotive got from a remap only on my standard 2002 SL55, I'm really happy with the results, plus the way it delivers power is so much nicer, and good to have that limiter gone too for my next Germany trip!
SL55.png

Nice figure for a standard car. I assume you have had a pulley upgrade as well to make that figure?

You might want to read this thread.

To get 552bhp from just a remap on an M113K engine is almost unheard of.
The above thread shows a similar engine, with a good remap and an 83mm pulley making 567bhp.

I'd check that pulley of yours. To get 552bhp it must have been upgraded.

Something's not quite right with that graph, power & torque always cross over at 5250 rpm ...it doesn't on either of those runs?

I just looked back at my old E55K and they do cross over at 5250 on that...

Something's not quite right with that graph, power & torque always cross over at 5250 rpm ...it doesn't on either of those runs?

Isn't that the case only if the scales are the same for both power and torque? The scales on that graph are different.

5250 is only the constant for imperial figures iirc? Mine are shown as PS and NM, not HP and ft/lb (where 5250 is the constant)

Edit: Yes, the calculation for metric is P(kilowatts)= (T * RPM) / 9549, whereas Imperial is HP= (T * RPM) / 5252

Edit 2: Also entirely possible the graph has been scaled, I'll call them tomorrow to find out :)

Last edited:
So, looking at the calculations in more detail, its a gain of about 40hp and 30ft/lb (roughly) which seems about right for a remap only

Isn't that the case only if the scales are the same for both power and torque? The scales on that graph are different.
Yes I think that's the reason 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom