My E class is back and the BMW 3 has been returned to the rental company..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scooby_Doo

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Macan S
Had my C207 back today after a month in the bodyshop, very pleased with the result , well done to Sinclair Garages Bodyshop in Gorseinon.
I've had a BMW 3 series Touring as a courtesy car for the past month and it wasn't until I'd driven my car back home that I realised why I really hadn't enjoyed the BMW.
The interior of the BMW is overstyled and the 15mm blue band across the doors and dashboard is just plain out of place. Too many switches ,all over the place, and can't see why so many people reckon the BMW information controller is more intuitive than the Mercedes system.
The dashboard and door plastics are hard and rough.
The worst part of it was the auto box , there was absolutely no response from the engine for the first 1-2 mm of throttle although it would creep forward with no throttle and the stick wouldn't always go directly from "D"- "R" , or vice versa,unless you pressed the unlock button in the middle , never figured out why.
Finally the "E" class is smoother , quieter and just a more comfortable place to be.

Glad you got your baby back.

Must have been a long month. Fingers crossed you're left well alone to enjoy it without another incident.

Ant.

Interesting, personally I think the major thing that lets my eclass down is the crappy auto gearbox. Changes are really poor, especially at low speeds.

As for the auto selector in the bmw not moving between D and R without you using the unlock button, that's how they're designed to work. The majority of auto selectors work this way.

cheers, Steve

Interesting, personally I think the major thing that lets my eclass down is the crappy auto gearbox. Changes are really poor, especially at low speeds.

As for the auto selector in the bmw not moving between D and R without you using the unlock button, that's how they're designed to work. The majority of auto selectors work this way.

cheers, Steve
Have you got the 7g plus box?

After using the Mercedes column shift selector , and getting used to not using it as a windscreen wiper stalk, for over three years my initial reservations about it have all been dispelled and after using the BMW central selector the Mercedes system now seems the natural place for it to be.
Both my C207s have had the 7g+ gearbox and they've been faultless , smooth pickup and seamless gearchanges .

I've got the 7g plus on my E250 and most of the time I think its fine, sport mode is a big improvement but cant justify the mpg diff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom