My E class is broken :(

Discussion in 'Engine' started by A210AMG, Jul 14, 2011.

1. A210AMG

A210AMG MB Club Veteran

Hello

Been away for a week in Yorkshire and had a great time, noticed a few times walking back to the car 'water' under the car.

Didn't think too much of it....Car seemed to drive normally and towed the caravan home nicely :) At around 26 - 27 mpg which is great.

However when home it had rained and on reversing the car on the drive noticed drips all down where I had reversed... oil / coolant type patches.

Booked in at local Indy at once.

They orginally had though a seal where a plug is connected to the gearbox but on test driving it and looking at it again its the pipes that connect to the oil cooler have coroded and apparently a right mess underneath :(

Anyway its getting new pipes / filter / ATF change. Its should be great when I get it back as I have noticed you have to press the pedal a lot to get it moving (I just put this down to it being a diesal) but it was the gearbox slipping.

In the mean time I have a CLK200 Kompressor and while it was fun fitting the base station and getting our smallest in and out of it I actually quite like it :)

It goes ok for a small engine, I managed 34 mpg cruising back from garage (18miles A road) and given its an X reg its probably worth around £2500 ?

[​IMG]

Will be nice to get back in mine though :)

2. renault12ts

renault12ts MB Club Veteran

Car:
    2005 W215 CL500.
    You do have to push the throttle a lot, as you say because it's a diesel. Hope it's not too costly.

3. OP
    OP
    A210AMG

A210AMG MB Club Veteran

Its pretty good really...

I googled things and you get the worse... I was thinking a lot more.

All in £275 and that includes the ATF done with filters etc.

I need the car in two weeks time as we are off to Europe will be nice having it back and being even smoother :)

Tags: