My E55 Estate Detailed by Ed at Divine Detailing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simon1966

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
219 Vito Sport Crew Van
Hi All

I've had quite a lot of work done lately on my E55 Estate. My car always looked tidy (when I could be bothered to clean it!!) but there were a few blemishes that I was never happy with, which finally resulted in some new paint to the front and rear bumpers, tailgate, rear quarter and wheel centres. At the same time I also de-chromed a lot of the car to give it a cleaner look. This was all a painstaking process as every part was removed from the car and fully prepared before painting. I'm lucky that my brother is a car painter, with many of his customers cars taking top awards at concours events (trailer queen restos). In all it took nearly 2 weeks of solid work to get things how we both liked it!!! I can't thank my brother enough, his work is just sheer class:thumb:
I will do another thread on the paintwork as it was all quite involved.

Anyway after the new paint it really showed up the condition of the original paint so it was then off to have full paint correction and detailing done by Ed at Divine Detailing (Home). Ed has kindly put together a thread for me to show the processes and results. To say I'm happy is an understatement:D Ed has done a fantastic job and kept me updated throughout the whole process, his customer care and attitude was second to none and I would highly recommend him to anyone:thumb:

So here goes!

This was the car to start with (it was clean but thanks to the sahara rain was alittle dusty upon arrival)

Last edited:
Wheels were cleaned up and the tyres scrubbed:

So some of the dust and sand could be safely removed before washing the car down I used a citrus pre wash

This was then rinsed off and the car was ready to be safely washed with zymol auto bathe and a zymol sponge:

Car was de tarred, britemax iron max was used to remove and any iron deposits and then clayed and dried down into the garage, I then took all the paint depth readings to give me an idea what I had to work with:

Some of the marks and some 50/50's:

Someone had abit of a scrubbing at some bird etching:

50/50

Headlights sorted:

That was the end of the compounding stage, the next day my dent man was in to do a couple of dents:

Onto the engine bay, I noticed some micro marring on the engine cover:

All the under bonnet painted area's waxed with:

Exhausts done inc backbox and then sealed:

Number plates were quite scratched:

Better

Interior parts all waxed:

All glass treated with G1:

Leather guard applied to seats, steering wheel etc:

Interior was fully hoovered then coated with smart fabric:

Then finished off with 2 coats of:

It looks stunning!

Cheers Olly - as you can see there have been a few changes since you last saw it! Shame I'm not around for your GTG, looks like I'm going to miss a cracking day - again:doh:

Fantastic result - looks beautiful!

Top job.

Thanks

I went away fishing in it this w/e and car came back covered in dust as I have to drive down a long gravel / mud track. Thankfully it was dry otherwise it would have been in a right state! Anyway I just couldn't cope with it looking dirty so gave it its first clean this morning, the gtechniq coating really do make a massive difference when cleaning the car, the water beads and sheets right off. I sprayed with VP Citrus pre-wash before gentle jet wash then 2 bucket wash.

All is good in my world again as it just looks stunning in this morning sun:bannana:

Looks fantastic Simon. Dropped mine off this morning so hopefully will be looking forward to a similar finish.

That G-Tech is amazing !!

Looks fantastic Simon. Dropped mine off this morning so hopefully will be looking forward to a similar finish.

I'm sure you will be very pleased with the results:thumb:

Very nice looking car Simon. Well worth the effort.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom