My E55k - with some rare options...I think!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

haaran

Car
Mercedes E55k
I thought I'd share some pictures of my E55k as I managed to get round to taking some half decent ones, and also because I'm contemplating selling it since I've only done around 3k miles in it in almost a year; those mainly being for the school run. It's an odd dilemma as I love the car and it doesn't need to be sold but I just feel it's being wasted :dk:

Anyway, I wanted to get your views on the spec as I think it has some rare options. So on top of the standard spec it has:
- Double Glazing with Solar Reflective Glass (I think is its name), the one that turns blue when the sun hits it but can also be quite light or dark on occasion. I've not seen this on any other E55.
- Keyless Entry / Keyless Go
- Rear Door Blinds and Electric Rear Window Blind
- Garage Door Opener
- Distronic
- Parktronic Front and Rear
- Tyre Pressure Monitors
- Sunroof
- COMAND with Logic 7
- Phone Prep. with Nokia Cradle (and Phone) but currently using ViseeO MBU-1000 bluetooth Adapter
- Heated / Cooled / Dynamic Seats

It also has the following upgrades:
- Rear Spoiler
- 19" Alloys
- Red Calipers
- Facelift lights front and rear
- Eurocharge ReMap
- And I think it's been lowered

It has also had a new torque converter and had the radiator replaced so the dreaded Valeo issue doesn't exist, and it had a new SBC pump in 2007 :thumb:

Attachments

• Pics 107.jpg
    Pics 107.jpg
    231.7 KB · Views: 103
  • Pics 111.jpg
    Pics 111.jpg
    233.1 KB · Views: 100
  • Pics 113.jpg
    Pics 113.jpg
    233.2 KB · Views: 103
Some more pics

Attachments

• Pics 115.jpg
    Pics 115.jpg
    233.4 KB · Views: 80
  • Pics 112.jpg
    Pics 112.jpg
    229.2 KB · Views: 66
  • Pics 125.jpg
    Pics 125.jpg
    234.6 KB · Views: 67
seems well equipped and looks very nice... similar story to mine... almost a year now since I have had the car and again around 3000 miles in this time, but I knew this would be the case and was primary reason to getting this otherwise would have opted for something more fuel friendly. I personally couldn't contemplate getting rid of.... just yet but if this changed I could see it being for a later AMG model. but as you feel its being 'wasted' then good luck with sale, the spec's you have listed should hopefully stand yours out from the other models

very well spec`d, im sure it used to belong to a member here prior to you.

good luck with the sale, spec should help

Do you have active cornering headlights?

The rear look like standard ones, Alps can confirm... He has the facelift ones.

So are your windows not tinted with a film? Are the pictures showing the reaction to the sun?

Last edited:
I've been trying to work out if they are active cornering lights or not but haven't reached a conclusion. Even if they are I don't think they've been programmed as I've not noticed any 'activity' from them.

Were the rear lights on earlier models not non-led?

I'm not sure how the solar reflective glass works but there isn't a film on the glass in the aftermarket tints sense. You can kind of see the reaction in the first picture but it's more pronounced at other times...a bit like what you see on Bentley's and the like.

I'm still a few option short of Alps' car!!

Last edited:
These probably show it a little more clearly

Attachments

• Glass.jpg
    Glass.jpg
    207.4 KB · Views: 63
  • Screen.jpg
    Screen.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 49
  • $_35.JPG
    $_35.JPG
    13.5 KB · Views: 46
Lovely car OP. Shame to sell it but, as you say, if it's not getting used it seems a waste.

I used to have one of these (same year I think) though nowhere near that spec. I do seem to remember that the active cornering thing used to light up one of the front fog/spot lights to illuminate the kerb side to which you were turning. Having said that, I've had a few cars and many sleeps since then...

Ooops, just to add, my rear lights were not LED's

Good luck with the sale OP.

Are those CLS55K AMG III wheels?

Your situation is partly why I made mine my daily driver. I might not use it as much otherwise but obviously my situation enables me to use it every day without incurring ridiculous fuel bills (I do 8000 miles or so every year).

Ooops, just to add, my rear lights were not LED's

That's interesting - I was under the impression that all W211s had LED rear brake lights (note - it was only ever brake lights which were LED).

That's interesting - I was under the impression that all W211s had LED rear brake lights (note - it was only ever brake lights which were LED).

Haven't a clue now, though I'm pretty sure they were just normal bulbs. It was over 5 years ago when I got rid of it mind...

Do you have active cornering headlights?

The rear look like standard ones, Alps can confirm... He has the facelift ones.

So are your windows not tinted with a film? Are the pictures showing the reaction to the sun?

as far as i know all the W211 55`s came with LED rears, early and non avantgard models of the w211 had normal bulbs as brake lights.

facelift rear lights look different as the indicator is one piece insted of two strips

What price do you have in mind?

I don't really as my heart's still battling with my head as to what I should do. That's not to say I won't listen to genuine inquiries and genuine offers. It may help me make up my mind;)

I've been trying to work out if they are active cornering lights or not but haven't reached a conclusion. Even if they are I don't think they've been programmed as I've not noticed any 'activity' from them.

I'm not sure how the solar reflective glass works but there isn't a film on the glass in the aftermarket tints sense. You can kind of see the reaction in the first picture but it's more pronounced at other times...a bit like what you see on Bentley's and the like.

I'm still a few option short of Alps' car!!

As well as coding you need the right headlights, they are probably non active cornering headlights that are installed. Not a big issue... Just something extra that could help with the sale.

I like that glass.

I'd be interested to hear more about these headlights. My datacard states "Bi-xenon headlamps w. headlamp cornering fct.". Never noticed them doing anything while cornering.

Good luck with your decision. I've been in rather the same position as you for the last year or so, and still undecided!

Nice looking and well specced example. Be a shame to move such a nice car on just for lack of mileage. I have only done just over 2k miles in a year and won't sell while there is nothing better in my budget to replace it with.

Good luck with the sale if you decide it has to go.

I like that glass.

I'd be interested to hear more about these headlights. My datacard states "Bi-xenon headlamps w. headlamp cornering fct.". Never noticed them doing anything while cornering.

Good luck with your decision. I've been in rather the same position as you for the last year or so, and still undecided!

You should see your headlights move based on your steering input. Try driving slowly and watch the lights in front move left or right.

Last edited:
Thanks. Tried it and nothing appears to happen. There's no option on the cluster to turn the function on/off as far as I an see either :dk:

The taillights aren't facelift, the headlights are though.

Looks a good example, but be prepared for a hard slog if you're looking for strong money; I've seen a few clean W211 E55's take a while to sell because the price has been over enthusiastic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom