my E63 AMG

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sheepy67

Car
porsche cayenne turbo
Some of you may recall i was the proud owner of a CLS55 AMG which subsequently suffered an engine blow up at the vmax event this year.

Well this is its sucessor, when i first bought it in May i was not that enamoured with the aesthetics, but loved the engine.

After the drive back to birmingham and acid at MSL was kind enough to swap my wheels back over and fit the euroteck front splitter and rear boot spoiler, it was on the way.

The next step was getting it lowered, with links from lower my air ride, however it was only worth doing the front as the back would rub on the tyres

After that the roof was wrapped in carbon by its a wrap in tyseley

With the car lowered the front wheels stuck out to much on the 25mm spacers fro the CLS, so they were switched for 12mm, much better

Next was the fitment of the carbon roof spoiler from Taiwan (ebay) and switch the star for a flat AMG badge, also china based.

Finally the long wait for the euroteck rear diffuser was over and it was fitted at MSL, the bumper had to come off and it was fitted with both screws and adhesive, that things never coming off.

Only thing left to do now is paint the calipers, I have both red and yellow paint, bit of indecision going on in my head

Anyhoo, here are the pics

IMAG0301.jpg

IMAG0302.jpg

IMAG0303.jpg

IMAG0304.jpg

IMAG0305.jpg

IMAG0306.jpg

IMAG0308.jpg

IMAG0309.jpg

IMAG0311.jpg

IMAG0312.jpg

IMAG0313.jpg

I borrowed acids black grille to see what it would look like,

IMAG0264-1.jpg

I quite like it, i found on in metal rather than plastic, but its in the USA and they are out of stock 'till July, so i'll have to wait

Anyway thanks for looking, like it or hate it, i don't much care, i like it, though its grown on me rather than the wow that my CLS had

Sheepy

Looking good man,that black grill it`s a must

As I read through and viewed the images one by one the 1st thought was wow

2nd was I wonder if a black grill would suit! Then came the last image and the answer YES.

Ever thought about getting the headlights changed to black? Not smoked glass but the inner plastic, I have seen it on a CLS and it looks perfect on silver. Will see if I can get an image somewhere to look at.

For those that don't remember my CLS55 AMG, here is my fave photo of her,
spot the theme between the E63 and the CLS..lol

DSC00023.jpg

As I read through and viewed the images one by one the 1st thought was wow

2nd was I wonder if a black grill would suit! Then came the last image and the answer YES.

Ever thought about getting the headlights changed to black? Not smoked glass but the inner plastic, I have seen it on a CLS and it looks perfect on silver. Will see if I can get an image somewhere to look at.

Not seen that, but will be interested in the pics :thumb:

Note to the mods, any chance of moving this to the performance lounge area.
Please.....Thankyou
i should have put it there in the first place...doh

Calipers: don't paint them red or yellow. The car's appearance is enhanced (although I think the rear is too fussy) by not having any colour.

Black with the "Mercedes-Benz" in white would be my vote.

thanks, i agree, any thoughts on red or yellow calipers? :dk:

Don`t spoil perfection is my thought

I wouldn't paint. Would be a little bit too much IMHO. Looks great as it is - but I would get the black grill.

I like it sheepy
congratulations!
It looks very spiteful

Looks great! Would paint calipers silver only. Thanks for the pics.

I like that a lot, looks brilliant.

Calipers, don't think they need painting but if you did then I'd say silver or that dark metallic orange colour that the SLS has for their calipers

Ever thought about getting the headlights changed to black? Not smoked glass but the inner plastic, I have seen it on a CLS and it looks perfect on silver.

+1 on that, I've seen a couple with that mod and they look really evil, will suit the black grill as well

Shes looking good Sheepy, well done on a lovely mota!

Thank you for all your comments, I appreciate them all. Seems the genera
Consensus is to leave the calipers alone, but still tempted by the red, will make the wheels pop bait more.

I prefer the E63 than the CLS55 you had not by much but it just looks meaner.

These are the CLS lights but not seen many do it on an E63

View attachment 30013

Last edited:
I prefer the E63 than the CLS55 you had not by much but it just looks meaner.

These are the CLS lights but not seen many do it on an E63

View attachment 30013

oooh I really want to get that done to my headlights! IMO, they look a bit too silvery as standard.

Nicely done on the car Sheepy! Sorry to hear about the CLS55..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom