My estate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi D w124 great project wagon, outstanding job.
I too have a wagon project nearing completion but have hit a stumbling block!!
I've just recently had a stroke or two so can't spend as much time on "the barge"
The biggest thing I need help with is lowering the rear suspension... plus a few other bits.IMG_0205.jpg
I'm looking for a recommendation of someone in Surrey/Sussex/ London that I can take it to that can finish it off for me, any ideas greatly welcome?
I can't seem to post this on my own thread as I haven't had enough posts, so apologies if I've barged in to your thread.
kindest
Dean

Hi D w124 great project wagon, outstanding job.
I too have a wagon project nearing completion but have hit a stumbling block!!
I've just recently had a stroke or two so can't spend as much time on "the barge"
The biggest thing I need help with is lowering the rear suspension... plus a few other bits.View attachment 76847
I'm looking for a recommendation of someone in Surrey/Sussex/ London that I can take it to that can finish it off for me, any ideas greatly welcome?
I can't seem to post this on my own thread as I haven't had enough posts, so apologies if I've barged in to your thread.
kindest
Dean
Is it just me, or does the camber of the rear wheel look wrong?

Is it just me, or does the camber of the rear wheel look wrong?
I think it's an optical illusion. The rear is still pretty much factory height, compared to the front... plus it has the wrong size tyres on! I want to lower it first before getting it realigned.
But to be fair thread is not about my car... I was just jumping in for a bit of help.

I think it's an optical illusion. The rear is still pretty much factory height, compared to the front... plus it has the wrong size tyres on! I want to lower it first before getting it realigned.
But to be fair thread is not about my car... I was just jumping in for a bit of help.

So you’re after a good mechanic in London? Terry @ Wayne Gates mate :p

Hi Dean,your car look nice :cool: get some ambers though,it's gonna look much better
Now as for the lowering,get the h&r springs I have which are designed for an estate.Any lowering springs would do really but I'd either do it properly or not bother at all
As for someone to do the job,SS Motors isn't far from you but I'm sure Olly can finish it of for you,not a long drive for you
PS:I'm gathering a few 124s to go to a meet in Coventry on the 27th,good day out and you're welcome to join us

You can write here as much as you want,no problem at all
Has your car been lowered as I can see the front is dropped??
If you already fitted lowering springs,there's a valve that you need to adjust
Without doing that,the car will keep the standard height

Last edited:
You can write here as much as you want,no problem at all
Has your car been lowered as I can see the front is dropped??
If you already fitted lowering springs,there's a valve that you need to adjust
Without doing that,the car will keep the standard height
The front just has sportline springs with the thinnest rubbers on.
The rear has the same but I was mislead about rear sportline springs, because as far as I'm aware they don't actually exist?!?!?!
Yes, will go for the H&R's I think.
The jobs that are urgent are, the lowering of course but most urgent is water in the left front foot well still... I've done all the usual stuff but fear there is a problem with the heater matrix or the heater box... The other stuff is pretty cosmetic but as I've said I need someone else to finish it off...
Where are SS motors?
Thanks for you help... much appreciated.IMG_0177.jpg

I love it ..... especially the interior.
I restored my S124 Sportline a few years ago, it was red but entirely stock.

I will try to dig out some pictures from the old laptop !
Gary

W124 - my first love :) The first Mercedes that I've sat in the early 90's

Such a handsome wagon :rock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom