My experience update - premier-service.co.uk

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Boss

MB Enthusiast
Car
private!
Hello

As some of you may well be aware of my concerns over the use of this garage in Harrow (London), i previously stated i would hold out on my feedback whilst we were in dispute.

The update is as follows:

In february 2011 i took my w124 cabrio to them, for a prebooked service and also a £300 diagnosis on the faults with my windows on the cabrio.

the car was delivered to them with the following faults:

1. the NSF window was sticky and pretty much dead
2. the NSR window was stuck in the open position and would not close
3. the OSR window was not working, but was fully closed.

6 months prior i had only 1 fault with the OSR window, and in anticipation that this was the only problem, i had purchased a new motor from MB milton Keynes.

I had previous opened the box to this motor, but at no point was it connected to any windows or used in any way.

So back to February 2011, i explained the issues, saying that one motor had been bought, and was for the OSR window.

I had the car delivered to them at 8am.

On collection at 4.30pm i drove down to discuss the quote to repair the windows.

I asked them what the quote was for repair, they stated a tidy sum between £1300 - £1750.. i was shocked! and kindly refused..

I then went downstairs to look at the cabrio. And was shocked!

The car was now with both rear windows down and stuck open. i asked that this is not how i left the car with them, to which they responded, but there is nothing we can do.

They said that they could put some wood inside to hold it up etc. This was 1) totally unprofessional and 2) the interior was fully of greasy finger marks.

Anyhow, i waited 1 hour for them to close the window, which when was closed, had a massive air gap.. The car had also not been valeted, as had been agreed with the service.

I was fustrated, so told them to stop any further work on the car, and I arranged collection of the car from them that same evening.

I had also been speaking with Danny from Cars with Stars, whom quoted much better. So the car was delivered by transporter on 22nd February. I had in the mean time ordered in all the parts that were required.

Danny began to work on the car and then on my return in Early March advised that the motor i had previously bought was damaged.

I asked how and why, and whilst he did not throw any blame, advised that the wire that comes out of the motor was messed up and twisted / coiled up.

I asked how this could have happened, and he suggested that if the motor is powered up and there is no tension on the wire, then this can cause the fault.

So putting 2 and 2 together, the only place this motor was connected and powered up, was in the hands of Premier-Service.

So i I approached them regarding this, and advised on what i have heard, not just from Danny, but also from one of the MB service guys, and both are of the opinion, the motor fault was caused by the powering of the motor with out tension on the wire.

Eventually premier service admitted, that this was done, but it was the only way to check that the old motors were broken and the new one worked.

Howver, They refused to take ownership, saying that as i had admitted investigating the faults myself, that i must have connected the motor and caused the damage.

They then have been beating about for weeks with no resolution, and i mentioned to them, that i want a full refund on the part "£190 quid or so"

Their opinion was that i had messed around with the motor and connected it and thus caused the fault, which i know i have not in any form.

All i had done was take of the rear seat at tap that box under the seat that is the switch control module.

Anyway, the request for refund from me was about principle, not the money, but they have not come back with any resolution, and still continue to blame me.

I got them even to speak to Danny, whom had an update of what he found etc. they still refuse to take responsibility.

So please take this as a warning, that Premier service, based on my opinion, should be avoided at all costs.

I do not think that on the older cars, they even knew what they were doing. AND FURTHER MORE - They showed my car zero respect!

What kind of garage would return a car in a worse state than was given to them, with 2 windows stuck open, not just the 1. At the very least, if you cant do the job, return the car in the way you received it!

So there you go, my experiences of them are a very poor, and whilst the money wasted on them is my loss, i hope no one on here who was considering them, would use their services.

This is not written in anyway about the money not being returned, but purely, many of you have becoming club friends, and honestly, if you need work doing to your car, this is one garage you should strip off your list.

Anyways, the cabrio is all good now, but i feel bad she had to be left to the hands of a company totally incompetent.

Premier Service = AVOID!

Sorry to read this - I know how much you cherish your car and what a mint example it is .

Why not use somebody recommended by others members here local to you ?

Why not use somebody recommended by others members here local to you ?

I have always had used danny at cars with stars or mercedes benz dealerships.

the reason why i opted for them, is that they appeared to be a more local company...

Anyhow, recommendations are important, and this company gets a big thumbs down from me!

Barry, i can understand why u go to Oly down in Portsmouth ... it makes sense now! lol

Small claims court.

Thanks its not about the money, its purely the principle..

Barry know how reserved i have been about writing this up on here, but i had said to him, as soon as i have a resolution, i will share the experience, but i had to draw the line somewhere!

Why did you give them the motor if they were only investigated the window problem?

Why did you give them the motor if they were only investigated the window problem?

i didnt give it to them, it was in the boot, which i advised was to be used if new parts were to be ordered in, as this is a new part to replace the old part for that window, and it was not to be double ordered.

The plan was to get the diagnosis done, and get a good quote and get the work done, as at the time, one window was stuck in the open position, which is why anything i had was with the car.

the motor was used to test on a non working window, which showed that the new motor did work, and the old motor did not, however, as they had not connected the motor correctly, damage occurred to the new motor.. making it unusable!

Sorry to hear of this Dillan. I know how much you cherish that W124 of yours, this sounds like a very bad experience. Glad its all sorted now though. So when do I get to test drive it?

Sorry to hear of this Dillan. I know how much you cherish that W124 of yours, this sounds like a very bad experience. Glad its all sorted now though. So when do I get to test drive it?

when ever u r next about lol..

Hello

As some of you may well be aware of my concerns over the use of this garage in Harrow (London), i previously stated i would hold out on my feedback whilst we were in dispute.

The update is as follows:

In february 2011 i took my w124 cabrio to them, for a prebooked service and also a £300 diagnosis on the faults with my windows on the cabrio.

the car was delivered to them with the following faults:

1. the NSF window was sticky and pretty much dead
2. the NSR window was stuck in the open position and would not close
3. the OSR window was not working, but was fully closed.

6 months prior i had only 1 fault with the OSR window, and in anticipation that this was the only problem, i had purchased a new motor from MB milton Keynes.

I had previous opened the box to this motor, but at no point was it connected to any windows or used in any way.

So back to February 2011, i explained the issues, saying that one motor had been bought, and was for the OSR window.

I had the car delivered to them at 8am.

On collection at 4.30pm i drove down to discuss the quote to repair the windows.

I asked them what the quote was for repair, they stated a tidy sum between £1300 - £1750.. i was shocked! and kindly refused..

I then went downstairs to look at the cabrio. And was shocked!

The car was now with both rear windows down and stuck open. i asked that this is not how i left the car with them, to which they responded, but there is nothing we can do.

They said that they could put some wood inside to hold it up etc. This was 1) totally unprofessional and 2) the interior was fully of greasy finger marks.

Anyhow, i waited 1 hour for them to close the window, which when was closed, had a massive air gap.. The car had also not been valeted, as had been agreed with the service.

I was fustrated, so told them to stop any further work on the car, and I arranged collection of the car from them that same evening.

I had also been speaking with Danny from Cars with Stars, whom quoted much better. So the car was delivered by transporter on 22nd February. I had in the mean time ordered in all the parts that were required.

Danny began to work on the car and then on my return in Early March advised that the motor i had previously bought was damaged.

I asked how and why, and whilst he did not throw any blame, advised that the wire that comes out of the motor was messed up and twisted / coiled up.

I asked how this could have happened, and he suggested that if the motor is powered up and there is no tension on the wire, then this can cause the fault.

So putting 2 and 2 together, the only place this motor was connected and powered up, was in the hands of Premier-Service.

So i I approached them regarding this, and advised on what i have heard, not just from Danny, but also from one of the MB service guys, and both are of the opinion, the motor fault was caused by the powering of the motor with out tension on the wire.

Eventually premier service admitted, that this was done, but it was the only way to check that the old motors were broken and the new one worked.

Howver, They refused to take ownership, saying that as i had admitted investigating the faults myself, that i must have connected the motor and caused the damage.

They then have been beating about for weeks with no resolution, and i mentioned to them, that i want a full refund on the part "£190 quid or so"

Their opinion was that i had messed around with the motor and connected it and thus caused the fault, which i know i have not in any form.

All i had done was take of the rear seat at tap that box under the seat that is the switch control module.

Anyway, the request for refund from me was about principle, not the money, but they have not come back with any resolution, and still continue to blame me.

I got them even to speak to Danny, whom had an update of what he found etc. they still refuse to take responsibility.

So please take this as a warning, that Premier service, based on my opinion, should be avoided at all costs.

I do not think that on the older cars, they even knew what they were doing. AND FURTHER MORE - They showed my car zero respect!

What kind of garage would return a car in a worse state than was given to them, with 2 windows stuck open, not just the 1. At the very least, if you cant do the job, return the car in the way you received it!

So there you go, my experiences of them are a very poor, and whilst the money wasted on them is my loss, i hope no one on here who was considering them, would use their services.

This is not written in anyway about the money not being returned, but purely, many of you have becoming club friends, and honestly, if you need work doing to your car, this is one garage you should strip off your list.

Anyways, the cabrio is all good now, but i feel bad she had to be left to the hands of a company totally incompetent.

Premier Service = AVOID!

Is this the garage in South Ruislip? The one that originated from Leicester?

Or is this another garage in Harrow, that has no association with premier-service South Ruislip?

Is this the garage in South Ruislip? The one that originated from Leicester?

Or is this another garage in Harrow, that has no association with premier-service South Ruislip?

Company Information

Premier Service (Leicester) is a trading name of Soni Auto Limited. Company number: 7357451. Registered address: Unit 2B, Trevanth Road, Leicester LE4 9LS.

Premier Service (London) is a trading name of Soni Exports Limited. Company number: 5284140. VAT Number 860705626. Registered address: 6 Chancerygate Close, South Ruislip, Middlesex HA4 0JA.

Cheers Boss, I will probably not be using them then.

I have called them a couple of times and they have not been that helpful. (London)

Not too sure about Leicester.

Cheers Boss, I will probably not be using them then.

I have called them a couple of times and they have not been that helpful. (London)

Not too sure about Leicester.

Never spoken to Leicester! good luck!

where r u based? really, consider carswithstars... just the knowledge of vehicles is far superior when i speak to him than anyone else!

Never spoken to Leicester! good luck!

where r u based? really, consider carswithstars... just the knowledge of vehicles is far superior when i speak to him than anyone else!

Northwood.

I am not going to go to Leicester to have my car serviced. Just I have not dealt with them so I can not comment.

Cheers, I did contact them before from your suggestion. They are good, except there quote for diagnostics was a bit steep compared to other places.

In the end MB came out on top, Free diagnostics :)

Dillon

Can't reply properly right now as I'm in an internet cafe in Amsterdam (no, I'm not high!! lol) but will write with my thoughts properly when I get back! But, this is terrible experience and I think letting us all know about it as a fair warning, is a good thing.

Talk in a few days! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom