My experience update - premier-service.co.uk

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Dillon

Can't reply properly right now as I'm in an internet cafe in Amsterdam (no, I'm not high!! lol) but will write with my thoughts properly when I get back! But, this is terrible experience and I think letting us all know about it as a fair warning, is a good thing.

Talk in a few days! :)

LOL.. You sure u not high.. in denial?

how did the flag hand over go? post some pics of the event!

talk later! lunch maybe friday?

go back, smash the place up, slap a few morons and take your money back

I would, but the place looked so sparce, that i would not have any real impact other than add some decoration to the walls! lol

Slap the Moran.. id love to.. !

LOL.. You sure u not high.. in denial?

how did the flag hand over go? post some pics of the event!

talk later! lunch maybe friday?

Back, about half hour ago! How sad am I that I go straight online! :D

Business went well, actually better than expected and the flag raising ceremony also turned into a surprise "promotion party" for me! More about that tomorrow maybe, but suffice to say I have some serious work and responsibility to go with the new position!!! :)

Friday's no good this week.... but I'm sure we can sort something out! :)

Back, about half hour ago! How sad am I that I go straight online! :D

Business went well, actually better than expected and the flag raising ceremony also turned into a surprise "promotion party" for me! More about that tomorrow maybe, but suffice to say I have some serious work and responsibility to go with the new position!!! :)

Friday's no good this week.... but I'm sure we can sort something out! :)

ah well done!

share pics lol

um.. ok Thursday? day time im around.. tomorrow im in southampton, and thursday eve i have meetings.

if wifey fancies a smoke, we can do pyramids :)

OK! Here's a photo of myself, the Captain, our Dutch liaison and SWMBO holding the flag out across the deck. The ceremony was held on board while the ship was moored at Lelystad, near Amsterdam (the home of the Dutch tallship Batavia). Amongst the honoured guests for the party were the Russian ambassador, two new sponsors and several business owners who support us in various ways. This was the party when I was invited to head up a new company in UK to control European operations of the ship and it's trust! :)

I'll dig out one of us raising it later! :)

For thos einterested, this yellow flag is the ensign (shtandart flag) and the flag that is the namesake of the ship. We noticed on our last trip that the original flag was getting frayed and was ready for retirement, so we went to the official Russian Navy flagmakers in Vladimir, Russia and got this beauty made up! :)

Last edited:
Premier Services Harrow is same as Ruislip. The Ruislip Limited company is in liquidation.

Please follow the advice below for any garage you go to. go by recommendations.

1. Always get a quote in writing before handing over the key. Ensure that your car is stored in secure storage and alarmed premises and covered by their insurance while in their possession. If they leave the key in the car and it is stolen, your insurance will not pay
2. Ensure that company is not in liquidation
3. Check on Google for any complaints
4. Always pay by credit card. Your credit card company is party to the contract and equally liable with the supplier. If supplier goes bust, you can claim the refund from the credit card company
5. Do not sign the invoice / work done satisfactory without checking or driving around
6. Always confirm what guarantee is given for the work done and for how long or miles. Ask for the parts replaced, no shame in asking or you do not trust us - avoid them. Genuine company should give old parts without asking.
7. Always note down whatever has been discussed with name of the person date and time
8. Add Legal cover to your home insurance. They cost around £30 per year. It is worth every penny in case of dispute. Any dispute, contact your legal helpline.
The above advice applies to not just car service / repair but for any item /service you purchase.
REMEMBER, ALWAYS PAY BY CREDIT CARD, EVEN IF IT COST 2.5% EXTRA, FOR EXAMPLE FOR HOLIDAYS OR BUYING SOFA. If the company goes bust you get your money back. IT IS SIMPLE AS THAT.
This is from my personal experience and I have recovered money from the Credit Card Company on number of occasions and used legal helpline many times. Once the supplier knows you can take them to court or have legal advice available, they will be scared & settle.

Last edited:
Premier Services Harrow is same as Ruislip. The Ruislip Limited company is in liquidation.

Please follow the advice below for any garage you go to. go by recommendations.

1. Always get a quote... etc

This feels to me like advice for people who assume everything will always go wrong. If you're in that category then, almost always, you will feel like something has gone wrong

If you can change your mindset to be someone who thinks everything will go right, I'd do this
1 - put a written list of work on the passenger seat of the car
2 - put your contact number on the top of the list
3 - state what you want repaired, tested, etc and put a £££ limit above which they should call you
4 - make sure you leave the locking wheel nut key and the locking filler cap key
5 - only go to garages you trust or who have been recommended recently by people you know well
6 - pay by credit card

Adopting a victim mentality seems to ensure you end up as one

Nick Froome

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom