My experience with the Police today (not the band!)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jam38

Car
VW Sharan 1.9 TDI, Audi 80 1.6 TD - wish I still had a Benz!
I thought that I would share with you my experience with the police today.

This morning I woke up to find the rear number plate missing off my Passat. One of those things I thought, and I just couldn't be bothered to be upset. So I thought before someone starts filling fuel and driving off from the petrol station, I would submit my report.

So I went to the police station in the morning filled in the form, got my crime reference number and thought nothing more of it. That was when I got my first surprise...

A few hours later I got a call to tell me that someone was on the case and that they will keep an eye out etc, etc. I thought that was nice of them, but then a few hours later...

I had a knock on the door with a neighbourhood police officer informing me that they will be speaking to people in the area and also posting leaflets telling the residents to stay alert. Then she gave me card with a number and email should I require further information.

I just wanted to give a big :thumb: to the guys and I know that they get a bad rep, but I was very happy with the service I received today. Keep up the good work.

A few years ago my wife had an MX5 and was backed into drive,

We went out that day in my car and go back...missing plate? I thought that's odd but thought nothing of it, just get a new one for it.

Wife however reported it and like you they came down took reports etc. I as actually amazed they bothered to do anything.

Even more so as she has a private that is quite obvious and doubt would be used for cloning?

We had a unlucky spate. First our car was broken into away from home.

Had to have the locks changed on the house and we locked my partners car away in my parents garage just in case and borrowed their car. Someone nicked the MB badge.

A few days later some kids walked over my car.

We reported all of this, as we lived in a small village which was seeing issued from a small specific group of kids. Local community bobby stopped by for a chat as he'd seen the reports coming in. Quite impressed, even if his idea of who was responsible was completely wrong.

I had a similar experience just last week. I went away for a week having warned my non local builders not to leave any scrap in the skips over the weekend. Come Saturday I was called by a WPC saying that one of my neighbours, a retired policeman, had spotted some men going through the skip, she had attended and arrested them, and wondered if I could confirm that they had not been given permission to remove anything. Roll forward a week , I return and she comes round to take my statement, confirms that they were not nice people and had been looking round the house from the back garden when they were arrested, and that they had been bailed, but the file would be passed to the CPS.

I have yet to see Tony the neighbour to say thanks, but I was pretty impressed they acted immediately to come round and followed it up. Good all round and a very feisty WPC.

The same thing happened to my son's car on a couple of occasions. The police couldn't have been less interested. They reluctantly gave a crime number only after being asked for one, and certainly didn't investigate

It didn't stop them sending us a huge "satisfaction survey" a few months later, asking how wonderful we thought they were :devil:

If they were genuinely 'protesters' there'd be no need for such a huge police prescence.

Unfortunately , 'protests' are viewed by a large number of people as an excuse to wreck up the place.

A mate of mine was recently stiffed by someone on ebay, he sent a cheque for payment and the guy was gonna hold the item for a bit. Decent feedback, longstanding member so all ok? Wouldnt respond to collection arrangement messages, a/c closed cheque long cashed and same item re-listed under new id same pics etc.
Local rozzers all over it like a rash, bloke was arrested and they recovered the item for my mate and are storing it.
Really surprising, but very good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom