My Final Detail thread!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

R2D2

MB Enthusiast
Car
C350
In the thread below I have tested the durability of Gtechniq C2 applied over a Zymol waxed car. The car was then fairly heavily used and then retested....

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/detailing/156682-durabilty-what-do-you-think.html

Today I finished off detailing my car after a 2000 mile drive. Before I embarked on the drive 3 weeks ago I re applied Zymol wax and then a product that I saw on a couple of members cars at a GTG. I repeated that process today and then retested in order to compare the results with C2.

The result is amazing. Click the photo to get the video.

When you compare the three earlier videos with todays video then I'm sure you'll agree that the finish and water repellency today is amazing and dare I say even better than the result with C2.

A few (rubbish-sorry I was in a hurry) photos!

DSCF3192_zps9af3b5bc.jpg

DSCF3194_zps8b8f6472.jpg

DSCF3200_zps5b59a7b6.jpg

So what was the mystery product??

AutoGlym Extra Gloss Protection:bannana: A bit dearer than C2 and a bit harder to apply as well but what a result :)

Well that concludes my testing. I guess by now you are all bored stiff with my shiny black car so I'm retiring from reporting my testing and polishing etc. So it's over to the next mad keen polisher!

Last edited:
Great post...when you applied how long did you wait before buffing off?

I have found you need to leave EGP on for at the very least an hour - preferably much longer otherwise it can just 'smear'. I'm also pretty sure it doesn't bond to the paintwork unless it is left on for a good time.

Car still looks the business though :)

Ah but a black car on a warm day shortens that time.

Greg,I really need your advice man :eek: Please give me a shout when you`re local :thumb:

Just prep'd mine for Winter today, a quick go over with AutoGlym Super Resin Polish (new formula) and two coats of Extra Gloss Protection - must say it looks fantastic!

Bought both of the above a year a go and never used them as I tried AutoGlym Ultra Deep Shine instead. Also not a bad product but can be tricky to top with a wax so durability isn't great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom