My First AMG and trips to MSL PERFORMANCE

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dsb2931

Car
Sl63
Hi Guys my names Deep and this is my very first post and AMG.

Last September I bought a 63 Reg SL63 and wow!!! Previously I'd always had 4x4's namely Cayennes and Q7's.

After a great couple of months and much reading of what you crazy lot get upto thought I'd try dipping my toe by getting a tuning box fitted!

After much deliberation I decided on MSL !

After a quick chat with Acid who quickly put me a ease with technical know how and vast experience I booked in.

On the day I took along my 11yr old Nephew Jay, who's is a complete car nut. On arrival I was met by Acid who gave me a grand tour and was made to feel at home.

After about 20 mins the tuning box was fitted but not connected as Acid wanted to see what the stock BHP was. While this was going on Jay and I where nosing around the Plethora of cars having work done M4 Akrapovic Exhaust, coils, remap, Skyline R32 full exhaust system and much more, all the time chatting to all mechanics what a great bunch of guys especially Pavel.

It was finally time to put the SL63 on the Dyno to find out the stock BHP, this task was expertly undertaken by Sarim the reading came back at 620 BHP I was surprised I knew it was a powerful car but not that powerful. The box was connected and back on the Dyno car came back at 707BHP I couldn't believe it and was amazed!

It's like having a brand new car I'm blown away !

Thank you so much to whole MSL Performance Team!!!

Following on from this I have Booked in a
2013 CLS 350 CDI,
2013 GL 350 CDI,
2014 313 Sprinter

All for tuning boxes to improve economy not so much performance.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 74
Pics

More pics guys

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    218.9 KB · Views: 138
Last pic

Last of pics

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 88
Welcome to the forum Deep. What a lovely car you have got. I was surprised it was delivering 620bhp but what a result reaching above 700 bhp with Acid and his team.
Thanks for sharing a series a pictures!

Great figures for a tuning box.....bet you enjoyed the drive home

Hi Nico2014, thanks for the welcome I was completely suprised by thes stock 620bhp too I thought it would be around 580bhp personally !!

Hi LeeC63 your not wrong mate felt like a completely diff car ! Just need to get use to all this extra horses lol !!

Hi Deeps and welcome.

Saw your car being wrapped by Yianni recently I think ?

Enjoy the SL, the Biturbo engine is a beast, think about having the pipes opened up too for a bit more noise :)

Hi Nico2014, thanks for the welcome I was completely suprised by thes stock 620bhp too I thought it would be around 580bhp personally !!

Maybe your car was tuned before?

Gorgeous car and great results on the remap!! I'm sure 707 ponies will put a very big smile on your face when you press the skinny pedal. :D

Can't wait to have some free time away from work to let MSL work their magic on mine.

nico2014 said:
Maybe your car was tuned before?

In many ways it's all about the dyno but that said the M157s do seem to be on occasion turning out numbers which exceed the factory stated outputs.

Hi Guys my names Deep and this is my very first post and AMG.

Last September I bought a 63 Reg SL63 and wow!!! Previously I'd always had 4x4's namely Cayennes and Q7's.

After a great couple of months and much reading of what you crazy lot get upto thought I'd try dipping my toe by getting a tuning box fitted!

After much deliberation I decided on MSL !

After a quick chat with Acid who quickly put me a ease with technical know how and vast experience I booked in.

On the day I took along my 11yr old Nephew Jay, who's is a complete car nut. On arrival I was met by Acid who gave me a grand tour and was made to feel at home.

After about 20 mins the tuning box was fitted but not connected as Acid wanted to see what the stock BHP was. While this was going on Jay and I where nosing around the Plethora of cars having work done M4 Akrapovic Exhaust, coils, remap, Skyline R32 full exhaust system and much more, all the time chatting to all mechanics what a great bunch of guys especially Pavel.

It was finally time to put the SL63 on the Dyno to find out the stock BHP, this task was expertly undertaken by Sarim the reading came back at 620 BHP I was surprised I knew it was a powerful car but not that powerful. The box was connected and back on the Dyno car came back at 707BHP I couldn't believe it and was amazed!

It's like having a brand new car I'm blown away !

Thank you so much to whole MSL Performance Team!!!

Following on from this I have Booked in a
2013 CLS 350 CDI,
2013 GL 350 CDI,
2014 313 Sprinter

All for tuning boxes to improve economy not so much performance.

Welcome. Wow you have to be happy with that!

Deep as in throat :dk:

:D

Great seeing an SL63 having the box of dreams fitted....

What was Jay's face like on the return journey home :thumb:

Welcome and enjoy :cool:

Brilliant car! Looks stunning. Welcome :)

On the subject of MSL, anyone going on the 'Jeremy Clarkson tribute Run' from London to MSL tomorrow?

Am I reading the graph wrong, didn't it go from 527bhp to 599bhp?

The graph shown are figures at the rear wheels. It's generally accepted that there is an 18% loss through the transmission, so the figures quoted in post one are about right. :)

On the subject of MSL, anyone going on the 'Jeremy Clarkson tribute Run' from London to MSL tomorrow?

I'll probably be there around 11, possibly with a mate of mine...

In many ways it's all about the dyno but that said the M157s do seem to be on occasion turning out numbers which exceed the factory stated outputs.

Interesting to know! Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom