My first MB just happens to be a.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Little Lofty

Car
M3
2013 C63 :D
Picked it up on Friday from Mercedes used cars in Manchester, nice bunch of lads and a nice buying experience. Excellent drive home via a overnight stop in Yorkshire, then up to North East England. I first drove a C63 a couple of years ago and briefly test drove this one so knew they were good, but I was really impressed with it on the drive home, so effortless, comfortable and refined on the motorway, but a hooligan when you want it to be, love it :D
It's not a daily driver so fuel and tyre costs won't bother me too much. I think I'll have it detailed as it's quite swirly, I don't think it's been particularly well loved by its last owner, although after the dealer took care of a few marks here and there it's in pretty good shape. I may add a bit of carbon, spoiler, mirrors etc but I quite like they way it is, the previous owner had the roof wrapped black which I'm ok with so left it on. Only one fault I've found is that one side of the bonnet doesn't latch so that will need sorting, but apart from that I'm extremely happy with it.

Black and white: a great combination...

Nice wheels

Great looking car. Really do like the 204 saloon and a white one with black wheels really suits the car.

Thanks chaps, I'm pretty chuffed with it. It has a big gap to fill as I recently sold my F-Type coupe and wife's Golf R, she was barely using the R so we had two lovely cars sitting on the drive most of the time, such a waste of two nice cars and money. I put my sensible head on for once and decided to run just one car for a while. The C63 is such a good all rounder I'm sure it will fill the gap nicely.

Thanks chaps, I'm pretty chuffed with it. It has a big gap to fill as I recently sold my F-Type coupe and wife's Golf R, she was barely using the R so we had two lovely cars sitting on the drive most of the time, such a waste of two nice cars and money. I put my sensible head on for once and decided to run just one car for a while. The C63 is such a good all rounder I'm sure it will fill the gap nicely.

Out of curiosity I'm guessing your F Type Coupe was the base model and not the 'S'

I drove a F type coupe S last week and found it to be a much more exilerating drive than my C63. My next car however will be the V8 F Type R in around three years when the prices are within range of mere mortals like myself.

Out of curiosity I'm guessing your F Type Coupe was the base model and not the 'S'

I drove a F type coupe S last week and found it to be a much more exilerating drive than my C63. My next car however will be the V8 F Type R in around three years when the prices are within range of mere mortals like myself.

No I had the S, great car, I was sad to see it go. Hard to compare to the C63 as they are totally different animals. I miss the noise and drama of the Jag but I'm more than happy with the C63. I never drove the R as I knew I'd want one :) Like yourself maybe in a few years time.

nice car .... could I ask what the buying experience was like I am having a dreadful time with London based Mercedes..... just not interested in entertaining my business

nice car .... could I ask what the buying experience was like I am having a dreadful time with London based Mercedes..... just not interested in entertaining my business

They were excellent tbh. Mine was from the used car only site in Manchester, not the main dealership, its a MB owned site. I initially contacted them about 6 weeks ago via email only to be informed the car was sold, even that was a surprise because its rare to get a response, especially if the car is sold. They contacted me a few weeks later asking if I was still looking as they had another similar car in stock, plus there was a good chance of the original car coming back on the market as the buyer had failed the finance checks. I arranged to go down,when I got there they had put both of them side by side in the showroom so I could compare. I preferred the spec of the car I first enquired about so went for that one. They always kept me informed of progress and always returned my emails/calls. Its nice to get good service for a change as the norm seems to be mediocre at best.

pagzzy said:
I am based in co. Limerick now and the E55 causes a stir around here I can tell you. But before I left the UK I used Hughes in Aylesbury bucks which is only a shoot up the A41 from Watford and that is a lovely fast dual carriageway all the way to Aylesbury or Hughes in beaconsfield is also good. I found service at both of these to be exceptional and they are both very experienced AMG dealers and workshops.

Nice car mate.
Was there any haggling room on the used car prices?
I'm also looking for a used c63 and was wondering whether dealers would be quite firm on the list price of used cars?

I'm also looking for a used c63 and was wondering whether dealers would be quite firm on the list price of used cars?
You can always negotiate on the screen price. How much you will get is dependent upon a number of factors, all of which I'm sure you can imagine.

Looks sweet.....good to see another C63 in the North East

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom