My first MB Sprinter - to become motorhome

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andy-in-weymout

Car
Citroen
Hi Guys,
Looking at the site, looks like I need to introduce myself so here goes! I am a retired caravanner (yes I know you hate them), but sold up and brought an 09 313 Sprinter to convert to a motorhome - your 2nd pet hate I know!

Anyway, I always want to maintain my own kit as don't really like others fiddling with my wheels. So here I am.

Seems like Sprinters are not commonly converted, but will need some tech info.

Firstly want to change the double passenger seat to a single - can the drivers have any mods? Singles seem rare - anybody know of a reasonably priced source?

Well that's me.

Cheers

Andy :bannana:

Hi John, thanks for the welcome. Only got the sprinter yesterday, so much to do!!!
Read mixed experiences wit them - hope this one - 313 / 63k on the clock is ok - got it from a main dealer trade in - keep my fingers crossed!

the facelift sprinters are the same as the pre facelift afaik - I chopped a twin base down to make a single quite easliy.

try sbmcc.co.uk (although im banned for arguing...)

Welcome to the forum. The Sprinter may not be a popular camper as such but many are converted to offer a bit of accommodation. Very popular with rally service crews along with the bigger 6 ton Mercs and Ivecos.

Keep us updated with the build, get plenty of photos!

Hi & welcome - good luck with your project :)

Hi Guys,
Looking at the site, looks like I need to introduce myself so here goes! I am a retired caravanner (yes I know you hate them), but sold up and brought an 09 313 Sprinter to convert to a motorhome - your 2nd pet hate I know!

Anyway, I always want to maintain my own kit as don't really like others fiddling with my wheels. So here I am.

Seems like Sprinters are not commonly converted, but will need some tech info.

Firstly want to change the double passenger seat to a single - can the drivers have any mods? Singles seem rare - anybody know of a reasonably priced source?

Well that's me.

Cheers

Andy :bannana:

Hi John,

How did you get on with changing the twin cab seat to a single. I intend to do the same as yourself but am not having much luck finding a tutorial or positive advice online. I Have come across plenty of forum threads talking about the SRS light issue. I understand you and can fiddle this with a 3ohm resistor on the loom of the wire from the removed twin seat but, my main concern is replacing the cabs OEM pan laminate to cater for the 2 singles down from the single and twin seats. So many things to consider I'm getting lost in my thoughts!

I would love an update or some enlightenment on these matters. Who has done it, what hurdles did you encounter and was it expensive?

Kind Regards,
Andrew - Familymack
MB Sprinter 313 2011 DIY Motorhome Conversion

Hi,
Welcome to the forum, you have reopened a post from 2013 and the O/P ( original poster) was last seen almost 5 years ago, so you might not get any reply from him. Also there are very few Sprinter owners on here, but have you had a look here Sprinter - Sprinter-Forum they may help, or of course a dedicated Campervan forum. In the meantime repost your questions, perhaps in the General Discussions, and see if anyone is able to help. ( A quick copy and paste is easy.)
However, do keep coming back with updates and photos for your project, as I am sure many others will be interested in what you are doing. Good Luck.
[ andy-in-weymout was last seen:Aug 11, 2014 ]

Steve

Some inspiration for you, my mate did this conversion and fully resprayed and colour coded.
B6E0B496-74DA-40E6-8125-691BC9A10DFD.jpeg BD91F3A1-4551-4D90-8C89-2956C1252383.jpeg 846F000B-B013-42A1-A799-614105D515F3.jpeg C514B4CC-E1B9-44A2-BE81-8624A2531392.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom