My first supercar!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
4 months on and a fair few miles under its belt, the thing has been flawless!! I fitted an OEM supertroffeo exhaust to it which has made it sound as it should and put some Michelin PS4s on it as the Pirelli’s are crap!

MPG is surprising, I can easily get late 20s on a run and even driving it fast its above 10 which is significantly better than any AMG I’ve had or my previous Bentley continental.

All in all, definitely happy with the purchase!!

I fitted a Fabspeed system to mine with BMC cone filters within the filter box, it mapped nicely to Huracan power of 610bhp...
Where did you have yours mapped and could you actually notice any difference?

I’m tempted to get it done but many people say it’s a waste of money as the na engine is so smooth already.

I had it done at JF Automotive in Maidstone and like you I was sceptical about the results, but combined with the BMC filters and exhaust it did make a noticeable difference... I would say though, I'd never buy anything else from Fabspeed as it took ages to fit the exhaust, great quality but just not quite right...

Attachments

• 20140919_190120 (2).jpg
    20140919_190120 (2).jpg
    385.9 KB · Views: 9
I had it done at JF Automotive in Maidstone and like you I was sceptical about the results, but combined with the BMC filters and exhaust it did make a noticeable difference... I would say though, I'd never buy anything else from Fabspeed as it took ages to fit the exhaust, great quality but just not quite right...

Thanks, I picked up the supertroffeo one on eBay for a very, very good price and being oem it fitted perfect. It supposedly gives an additional 25bhp according to the paperwork they give with it.

I may get in touch with them in that case as Maidstone isn’t too far from me. I was also looking at replacing the filters with k&n when it gets serviced in March.

A family member has one, the auto box takes a lifetime to change and the changes are cumbersome, on the upside they sound glorious!

When you call JF, Speak with John as its his business and he knows his stuff... hugely knowledgeable, I've used them 4 times now, recently on the GLE and had zero issues with any of their work. They do multiple runs on their 4WD Mustang Dyno before and after and their maps are sensible, some other tuners take the cars to their limits....
to add to Skd's comments, I also had the TCU mapped for smoother changes, although being a single plate system they're known to be "clunky" across many supercars.

Your plate on it just needs "IVE" after although I doubt it has that effect unless you manage to boil the brakes! :D

When you call JF, Speak with John as its his business and he knows his stuff... hugely knowledgeable, I've used them 4 times now, recently on the GLE and had zero issues with any of their work. They do multiple runs on their 4WD Mustang Dyno before and after and their maps are sensible, some other tuners take the cars to their limits....
to add to Skd's comments, I also had the TCU mapped for smoother changes, although being a single plate system they're known to be "clunky" across many supercars.
Thanks a lot, I’ll definitely look into it next year.

In terms of gearbox, it is definitely slightly clunky when cold but I quite enjoy the character of it, when pressing on you don’t notice at all.

Your plate on it just needs "IVE" after although I doubt it has that effect unless you manage to boil the brakes! :D

I was genuinely going to get a sticker made up!!!

In terms of gearbox, it is definitely slightly clunky when cold but I quite enjoy the character of it, when pressing on you don’t notice at all.

It's funny you say that.

When I was considering a Maserati Granturismo, I was ZF auto ZF auto ZF auto all the way.

But a substantial part of me also wanted the automated Ferrari manual box they fit for the more raucous, uncouth and character-full experience.

As a gearbox, it's useless in slow manoeuvres, the clutch costs £4k to buy and replace from an inde and it's clunky and shyte around town.

But that still didn't put me off because on full tilt, the noise and the experience meant it was much of the car it was supposed to be. The ZF is the lazy easy way out.

It's funny you say that.

When I was considering a Maserati Granturismo, I was ZF auto ZF auto ZF auto all the way.

But a substantial part of me also wanted the automated Ferrari manual box they fit for the more raucous, uncouth and character-full experience.

As a gearbox, it's useless in slow manoeuvres, the clutch costs £4k to buy and replace from an inde and it's clunky and shyte around town.

But that still didn't put me off because on full tilt, the noise and the experience meant it was much of the car it was supposed to be. The ZF is the lazy easy way out.

This is 100% how I feel, I wanted something with character and soul and the lp560 gives you that in abundance, not much compares to banging a gear in at 8400rpm with a single clutch gearbox!! I test drove a hurracan and it was too “modern” for what I was looking for, you could easily daily one with no issues and I’m the kind of nutter that would.

My Audi S5 is tuned and seriously fast but it is too good and I find it boring to drive. I miss my continental GT, that was a great daily!

I went to a Huracan after my Gallardo and they're night and day different, as you say you could easily daily it... both Awesome cars.. both taken to Vmax events and managed 188mph in the Gallardo and 210mph in the Huracan.... If I bought another it would be a LP560-4 Gallardo...raw and fun...

I can’t believe I’ve had the lambo a year now!! It’s been absolutely bang on and it’s staying but on Saturday I’m picking this up! I’m going to have a couple of sleepless nights…

Attachments

• A5CAC955-00C3-4FF4-8C34-13C61E28D7A7.jpeg
    A5CAC955-00C3-4FF4-8C34-13C61E28D7A7.jpeg
    467.4 KB · Views: 56
I can’t believe I’ve had the lambo a year now!! It’s been absolutely bang on and it’s staying but on Saturday I’m picking this up! I’m going to have a couple of sleepless nights…
Very very nice 👌🏻

pXnvwOf.jpg

j5BxV98.jpg

Saw it myself today. What a beast! My first time in a Ferrari, fast AF!

Last edited:
Very nice!

I remember going for a runway run with Maff in his 599 on Vmax one year.

Was definitely in a different league to even modified AMGs like mine.

Amazing machine.

I have another thread on here with my car exploits as I tend to chop and change quite often however I thought this one deserved a thread of its own!

I’ve purchased this Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4, hopefully it will be ready for me to collect at the end of the week as it has failed the MOT on a couple of bits which will need sorting out. Excited is a complete understatement, this is literally a dream come true for me, I don’t think I’ve slept a full night since I first viewed it a couple of weeks ago!
I wouldn’t be too unhappy with the Mk1 Lotus Cortina next to it either. But congratulations to you, that is a great looking car 🙂

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom