My first visit to MSL Performance - Review/Pics

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

FateSynchro

Car
E63 AMG S / Ford Ranger Hawk 2018 / MG ZT / MG ZR Turbo
So,

After months of talking to Amio and Acid at MSL i finally got booked in with my mate to have the car lowered and a dyno tweak, my mate was having a remap, dpf removal and egr bypass. (W211 E320 CDi)

So begin the story..
Wednesday before we are due to head to MSL on the Saturday we order service parts from Merc/Euro to get the cars up to scratch ready for the dyno, he orders box oil, engine oil, all the filters and new MAF's, I keep things simple and just go for engine oil and diff oil (filter too) as i only did the box 2000 miles ago and the plugs were done about 5k ago, I went with some 0W -40 Mobil one, and the OE Castrol Syntrax 75-140.
Everything ordered collection Friday, then a late night down my unit servicing both cars and checking over everything….

Thursday I gets a photo from my mate and it shows a blown turbo and loads of smoke, so long story short he has to buy a new turbo and the car is not going to be sorted for Saturday so unfortunately we have to cancel his slot and I go ahead and collect my car from Paintkillers on the Friday at about 6pm then drive home to do mine ready for a 6am start and a 3hr drive to Birmingham.
I get sorted and in bed for about 11pm everything goes well, the Mobil one oil feels lovely in the car, Hot start tapping noise has completely vanished now which is good.

So begin the journey, pretty boring… gets there for just after half 9 due to a rubbish diversion half way around B'ham.

I pull up at MSL and walk into reception, I am Greeted by Gina (im pretty sure that was her name) lovely person explains everything to me and then I meet Amio in person.
All I can say about this guy is he's genuinely brilliant, we (me and the missus) immediately get a tour of the building and an explanation of what is what and who is who etc.
After a good walk round and listening to some C63's get dyno'd I wander outside to see a Tomi Mak edition Evo…

sxgff5.jpg

i23hgg.jpg

a few of the workers at MSL come over to look at my wrap including the owner of the EVO, Acid's brother… This guy is an absolute legend, he ends up taking us out in the EVO – 660BHP and over 500 Ib/ft on a 2.0 block, no stroker!!! Amazing honestly never felt anything like it!

He then takes us into the spares area of MSL and shows us some crazy projects that he has on the go, one of them being a 190E with a 1J in it, a load of lovely old retro mercs and another nice EVO.

bfs67k.jpg

vg1j6s.jpg

We then head back into MSL after a fantastic chat and have a little chill in the pool table room (A POOL TABLE ROOM!!!) I then get shouted over by the guy working on my car, I didn’t get his name but he showed me what he was doing and why, also pointed out my rather bald rear tyres and my unevenly worn fronts.
We discuss tracking and Amio comes to help me sort some tyres, he rings a few places and long story short I spend a good chunk of the afternoon looking for tyres, I end up finding some Dunlop Sport Max's which was the only ones around, so I take them and I head back to the dyno.
Unfortunately due to the time we don’t get chance to run any tweaks which is a total shame but Amio being the fantastic guy that he is offered to sort it out next time I'm there free of charge as I'd already paid for the dyno time.

I then leave to head over to Stoneleigh ready for the Gravity show on the Sunday.

So my overall opinion of this place is literally an amazing place, the guys are all down to earth and really genuine! The technician who worked on my car took the car for a proper road test to make sure the suspension was fine, I watched him swaying left and right checking for noises and lock to lock etc, really good service, all proper tools used and not one oily hand print on any of the car.
Cannot fault the quality of the work.

As for the customer service, I have NEVER EVER been treated so well, I literally felt like part of the family, I was welcomed by both Amio and Sarim as well as the entire team at MSL.
I saw some crazy things from a open cheque book on a G-Wagon to a lambo to a Cadillac to a bunch of C63's getting remapped to then getting out in a crazy EVO.
My day there could not have been better and I WILL be returning 100% in the future as I wouldn’t go anywhere else, as a first time visitor the way I was looked after couldn’t have been any better, I honestly could have stayed all weekend!
Utmost respect for these guys!

And that concludes my little story!

6fqxy8.jpg

Awesome mate and loving that Evo. What a machine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome mate and loving that Evo. What a machine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks mate, as far as places go bud this tops MRC/Revolution and all those places for me, ok the buidlings might not be spotless like Revo/MRC but honestly in terms of quality and the feeling of being somewhere decent without being ripped off is just this place, they really care about the customer.

Im really looking forward to you getting into an E63.

I'll PM you! - I cant PM you yet until your post count is higher, thats no good! Send me a PM on RS246 with your number if you want!

Good to hear a positive review especially as I am making my first visit there on August 12th!

Good to hear a positive review especially as I am making my first visit there on August 12th!

Honestly i have not one bad word to say, the work was done quickly, the guys were all legit and genuine.
Price was great, and the overall experience was just 10 outta 10!

Nice write up. :)

Sarim's car is a monster, though I prefer the 190E of course. Amio seems to have taken over customer relations nowadays, I know he does the social media thing, and is a good lad. He's also handy on the exhaust side helping Imran out at Torqueflow. Incidentally, the girl in reception is Sheenah, not Gina, though she gets called a lot worse...

Just bear in mind that MSL gets a bit addictive, though don't ask me how I know. :D

Honestly i have not one bad word to say, the work was done quickly, the guys were all legit and genuine.
Price was great, and the overall experience was just 10 outta 10!

Good, hopefully they won't take long with mine as I am due to have a new key the same day! :)

The Tommi Evo is on my 'itch that needs scratching' list.....

Best do it soon, red ones are mega money now!

Cool, so what did they take your E220 to?

I was with a white (non stickered) one on Saturday. It was a minter sat on a nice set of the white Enkei rims. The only outside clue to its heritage being the seat badges. It is a genuine car that the owner (who was a really nice young chap) had spent big money on having it fettled by Ralliart. The dump valve sounded insane as did the turbo chatter. Very, very tempting. I started to dribble and had to leave.

Nice write up. :)

Sarim's car is a monster, though I prefer the 190E of course. Amio seems to have taken over customer relations nowadays, I know he does the social media thing, and is a good lad. He's also handy on the exhaust side helping Imran out at Torqueflow. Incidentally, the girl in reception is Sheenah, not Gina, though she gets called a lot worse...

Just bear in mind that MSL gets a bit addictive, though don't ask me how I know. :D

Ohhhhh nooooo i cant even edit my post now either!!! If you read this Sheenah im sorry!
Yes i love that 190, its stunning! shame its been sat 2yrs, His old 280 (i think it was a 280) is also gorgeous, he's done all air suspension conversion on it and it really does look amazing!
Yes i had great fun talking to Sarim and Amio, wasted a good few hours there for sure!
Yes i can see why it does, i'm already thinking big for the future but for now i need wheels and brakes!

Good, hopefully they won't take long with mine as I am due to have a new key the same day! :)

Sarim's is one of ten i belive he was telling me, so very rare! if you wanna do it i'd do it very soon!

Cool, so what did they take your E220 to?

It only made 240bhp, fitting spark plugs instead of glow plugs has really ruined the compression :p
hahaha! She made the same power as before 735bhp and 880 ib/ft which is perfect.
The gearbox takes it just nicely after a software update and battery reset no thudding whatsoever!

There is another red (stickered one) one just around the corner from me, here in Kent. That is driven by a blonde lady. Both look very nice.

And there was another one at the MSL Northern meeting a couple of weeks ago, along with the MSL car...

So that's three we've found already. :D

It only made 240bhp, fitting spark plugs instead of glow plugs has really ruined the compression :p
hahaha! She made the same power as before 735bhp and 880 ib/ft which is perfect.
The gearbox takes it just nicely after a software update and battery reset no thudding whatsoever!

That must shift! I'll be happy with 540+bhp and 620+lbft from from my E55.

That must shift! I'll be happy with 540+bhp and 620+lbft from from my E55.

Those are lovely figures though and will be much more linear on delivery than the twin turbo setup.
Saying that the power delivery from the turbo's is very good and controlled unless your trying to maintain partial throttle sometimes its a little bit of an animal if you stab too much power mid corner as the spool up is very short which just sends a giant lump of torque to the already small tyres.

Those are lovely figures though and will be much more linear on delivery than the twin turbo setup.
Saying that the power delivery from the turbo's is very good and controlled unless your trying to maintain partial throttle sometimes its a little bit of an animal if you stab too much power mid corner as the spool up is very short which just sends a giant lump of torque to the already small tyres.

I like animal power lol. Turbo's have always been my preference. The E55 is my first supercharged car but I do like it!

I don't know if my E55 has that power, I'll find out on the 12th!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom