My first W220

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kenmac

Car
2003 S500L Bright Silver 744
Well my W210 E55 was written off so fancied a change...so got my first W220 a 2002 S500.
What a great car admittedly not the top spec,no parktronic, no cooled seats & no rear blind but still a fantastic car.
She's got 166700 miles with a full MB history up to 150000.

thats looks stunning, how do you find the performance compard with the 210?

Looks fantastic. Add a couple of little flags on the front wings and you'll be treated like royalty everywhere.

thats looks stunning, how do you find the performance compard with the 210?

Cheers she is nice (but I am bias):D

The 55 is a completely different animal....it does entice you to hit the loud pedal more, the extra 52bhp plus torque & lighter weight on the 55 makes it more of an out & out performance car.
Where as the 500 offers a great combination of performance & comfort but you never lose sight that the car was built as a fast luxury car with a good turn of speed but not in the league of the 55.

Looks fantastic. Add a couple of little flags on the front wings and you'll be treated like royalty everywhere.

Or if spotted in the seedier parts of some towns I could be mistaken for a person of interest of the local plod :D

I suspect it is SWB .

Compare my W126 SEL with my SE

Knew it was, I too like the wheels, had some 5 spoke amg's on our lwb 220, loooked stunning.

Airmatic Gav

How are the struts performing? Mine has done 110k miles, thinking of getting new arnott struts to restore the cars original ride.

How are the struts performing? Mine has done 110k miles, thinking of getting new arnott struts to restore the cars original ride.

Mine seem to be OK..but it's the first motor I've been in or owned with air suspension so don't really have a benchmark to go by to say if their not as good as they should be :dk:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom