My Garage Ceiling Conversion

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My concern with a scissor is that you don't seem to be able to get to the middle of the car or the back of the sills as you would on a 4 post. Is that the case in reality?
I suppose you can't stack cars either. Wheels free is an option on 4 posters but as you say there are doors and things so not always the best option.
Thanks David

As the best part of last week has been spent tidying up and painting, there's not been a lot to report really, but I'm now practically finished with this little project, though still have no idea of the cost of it all as the builder seems to have disappeared from the face of the earth.

Nearly 20 litres of white emulsion have been used on the ceiling, with a total of eight coats now, but it really has brightened it up to no end and it does look good. The floor has just had one good coat of a decent floor paint, while the walls have been refreshed with a couple of coats. I had a mate round to help me (he actually did the majority of it) as I would have got fed up with this very quickly on my own. All I have to do now is wait for everything to go off fully, particularly the floor as the paint manufacturer recommends a 7 day curing time. Ah well, it gives me time to do other bits and pieces, like tidying the little back room out which got done this morning. No pictures as it's still full of stuff which should be living in the main garage. :(

The original link for the pictures is HERE, and I've linked from that page to the end result, though it can be found HERE if you can't be bothered clicking any more. :)

My concern with a scissor is that you don't seem to be able to get to the middle of the car or the back of the sills as you would on a 4 post. Is that the case in reality?
I suppose you can't stack cars either. Wheels free is an option on 4 posters but as you say there are doors and things so not always the best option.
Thanks David

Sorry David, must have missed this post. I have full access to the middle of the car, all the way from front to back, though I would struggle with the sills as you mention. I couldn't stack due to the configuration of the scissors, though I don't have the height for that anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom