My Hybrid Turbo'd C220 CDI

• Thread starter Deleted member 137949
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 137949

Morning all,

Names Charlie, a 23 year old lad from the South East.

Had abit of free time at work this morning, and being a new member i thought id share my Hyrbid Turbo'd C220 CDI Coupe which i have owned since last November.
So picked the car up with one previous owner and only 40k miles including a full service history.

The mods it had by solly at Big Motoring World was just a wrapped front grill, front lip and a basic stage 1 remap by DTUK.

The car is now running a full AET Custom hybrid turbo setup, with larger billet compressors, 360 degree thrust bearing, on a OE Housing, full 3" turbo back exhaust and lots lots more.
I will write a proper spec list up this morning for you all, and have included a recent dyno printout too, where she ran 287bhp and 392 lbft of torque at the flywheel...not bad from the 170 bhp standard :)

Some current photos attached too, enjoy!

Attachments

• IMG_1231 (2).JPG
    IMG_1231 (2).JPG
    840.8 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1515.JPG
    IMG_1515.JPG
    619.6 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1347.JPG
    IMG_1347.JPG
    116.8 KB · Views: 20
Looks like you have invested a lot of time into this. You probably have been asked this before - why didn't you just buy a C63? Or even just map a 350 CDI? I would imagine a lot less trouble and money and time.

Thanks mate, a lot of overtime to say the least!

To be perfectly honest, i knew it had not really been done to this extent with a C220 CDI before, and wanted to try something different.
Sounds mad but i wanted to see how far i could push the car and what it could really take :)

Thats dam fine power! must be a hoot to drive, Do you think it will pass the new Mot smog test? Or do you know a friendly Mot tester ;)

Haha cheers buddy, scares me especially for a diesel!

To be honest theres no smoke only abit under hard acceleration, but i have always used the same MOT garage should there be any problems :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom