My imperial red S124

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

d w124

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
w124 3.6AMG styling E320 S124 Lorinser styling
As some know I bought a 320 S124,one that I really like actually

When I went to view I straight noticed that it's sitting lower than standard and it turns it had sportline chassis as well as ortho seats but my main joy 5 speed :bannana: something the seller never knew after owning the car for 10 years :D

Yes I didn't have much luck as I had problems,a few not long after buying it inc the wiring loom.The quote from the loom was £1400 :eek::eek: for a few wires,madness.Glad I did change it in time though so the ECU is still fine

This is the car I bought http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/spotted-ebay/168443-s124-contender.html

This was the state of the loom
image_zps4ed7db5f.jpg

I did think of sending it to have it repaired but the car really is a keeper so I had to get a mercedes one.It wasn't hard to fit,the only grief I had was the middle crank sensor

image_zpsb8a7f370.jpg

The bagde was on the wrong place so since I had to change it,I went for something different

image_zps2549979c.jpg

image_zpse195866b.jpg

image_zps1dbdf12c.jpg

Now the part I need you to help me decide,which steering wheel ?

image_zpsb5a9b368.jpg

image_zps2d571264.jpg

Last edited:
Looking good Dash, hope the wiring issue worked out ok. Whats the spec?

I don't think there's much missing Harry,all I can think of is full sportline inc interior and dimming mirror

Looks lovely!! As to the steering wheel, if it was my car, I'd go with bottom one as it seems to suit the car better, IMO

^^^ yes that ^^^

I had the first type of wheel in my SL and its a really comfortable and nice looking wheel.

I think that the second wheel suits the 124 better, but the slightly greyer colour and the centre badge put me off.

From the two you posted, the bottom one looks most suited to the car. It looks like it might be dark grey from a W140 (The airbag is defo a w140 item) rather than black though? I think I'd be more tempted to get a proper black w124 sportline wheel.

Mercedes-Benz SL-Class R129 W129 W124 W202 W210 Leather Steering Wheel *NEW* | eBay

I'm with millo on this one, no wood original sportline for me.
Congratulations finding a keeper Dash I think it looks lovely, a great spec and worth spending on to get it right.

Cheers chaps,I guess second one it is.I have a sportline steering wheel but I really like wood :D:D on my steering wheel that is

The first one it was just to see what it looks like but I really like the way it feels and is also smaller

First one Dash, and sell me the second one.... :):)

Coming along nicely mate! I just disconnected the rear speakers as they sounded bloody awful lol. Did you say the wiring loom price has gone upto £1400???

Just back from 3800 miles journey and the car was perfect
It did use a bit of oil on the way there as I did 1600 miles with 2hr break but nothing in return :bannana:

Managed to get it a few times to 130mph in Germany and once close to 140 but although the car could still go,traffic made me slow

I finally got my hands on a set of entrance sill in good-ish nick since the chrome is peeling on most I've seen

image_zps42cb43cf.jpg

I'll also post some pictures soon as I've done a few exterior changes since the last pictures

Sorry about the picture quality :eek::eek:

image_zpsa9733fe7.jpg

image_zps5dde7d06.jpg

image_zps40322435.jpg

image_zps726f6c94.jpg

Next step is fitting the Lorinser roof spoiler

Looking good mate....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom