My Lexus RCF

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BIRMA

MB Enthusiast
Car
Lexus RCF
I've spent a very pleasant afternoon wasting loads of V-Power.
Great car a bit more work to do than the CL but it loves the paddles being used and with 8 speed in the autobox a pleasure to go up and down the ratios.
The active suspension works very well and I'm pleased i went for a later model with it. Torque Vectoring Diff is very busy according to the display on the fast twisty bits.
Conclusion.... a worthy successor to the CL

IMG_0217.jpg

there is another red RCF owner on here

beautiful colour

interior pic please

IMG_0220.jpg This is the night display it has a real air of quality about it, the large central rev counter changes appearance depending which mode it's in.
Oh and being a bit of a hifi fanatic the Mark Levinson sound system is pretty bloody good. To an old fart like me having the option to only play one CD at a time is right up my street.
By all accounts it's the same display as fitted to the LFA supercar, there is also a flap on the intake side that opens at higher RPM and is piped into the cabin like the LFA too, very pleasing it is too.

Last edited:
Reactions: GLK
Can't wait to see it on the 21st at Brooklands David. Great colour :)

View attachment 80210 This is the night display it has a real air of quality about it, the large central rev counter changes appearance depending which mode it's in.
Oh and being a bit of a hifi fanatic the Mark Levinson sound system is pretty bloody good. To an old fart like me having the option to only play one CD at a time is right up my street.
By all accounts it's the same display as fitted to the LFA supercar, there is also a flap on the intake side that opens at higher RPM and is piped into the cabin like the LFA too, very pleasing it is too.

I had an LS Lexus with a Mark Levinson audio system. It was superb. Nice car, BTW!

Lovely car!

Had a use of RX400h in Nassau (low import tax on hybrids, otherwise - 85% on that engine) - it was great.

They aren't even in the same category.

In some ways you are right but as the owner of both I think I'm in a fairly comfortable position to say if in my opinion it's a worthy successor.

In some ways you are right but as the owner of both I think I'm in a fairly comfortable position to say if in my opinion it's a worthy successor.

A few of us on here have been lucky to own a second hand CL (and some more than one) as daily commuters. You'd know CL make a great and pretty special daily if you've owned (and driven) them long enough, not just on weekends.

RC F is a Lexus version of a C63. Do I need to own one to know it's not a CL65?

A few of us on here have been lucky to own a second hand CL (and some more than one) as daily commuters. You'd know CL make a great and pretty special daily if you've owned (and driven) them long enough, not just on weekends.

Does the fact that the two cars are arguably not in the same category mean that one cannot be deemed to be a worthy successor to the other? I don't see why it makes any difference....

Go on, go on, rub it in why don't you .... :(
:D:D
Not repaired, car is wearing it with pride (and warding off any more, hopefully) :cool:

Should have got ppf installed Pete :p

I was talking specifically of my ownership experience, have you actually owned one yourself?
As nice as the CL65 was that I owned and enjoyed for a year, it was my daily towards the end. Like the SL63 before it and my Porsche, then before that my Lotus (i could go on) the CL didn't seem to last more than a year.
Interestingly enough when I drove the M3 recently the way the car seemed to shrink around me was very noticeable and I liked it, then getting back into the CL you felt a little more isolated and detached from what was going on. Don't get me wrong nothing compares to the staggering momentum the CL65 could summon up in an instant. My experience of the M3 and one or two other cars led me to trying the RCF which in my opinion bridges that gap and therefore qualifies as a worthy successor to my CL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom