My Lorinsers cleaned up...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ADY1983

MB Enthusiast
Car
300CE-24 Sportline, MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Edition, Scirocco GTII
I thought I would have a go at giving the lorinsers on the SEC a bit of a refurb as I will be selling it soon.
The wheels were pitted and had started to corrode, they wouldn't come clean with wheel cleaner and elbow grease. I started with a mop in the drill but that didn't really work, so I ended up using 800 wet and dry took about an hour, as usual here is some before and after pics...:)

I have only done one tonight and it could do with a final polish but not bad for first attempt...;) I might even put them on the CE..:cool:

Before
100_0268.jpg

100_0266.jpg

After
100_0262.jpg

100_0263.jpg

100_0273.jpg

Looks good, try using autosol on them as a final polish. I assume they are now down to the metal?
With fitting them on the CE, im certain they will be the wrong offset, most probably et11, and will stick out too far.

aka$h said:
Looks good, try using autosol on them as a final polish. I assume they are now down to the metal?
With fitting them on the CE, im certain they will be the wrong offset, most probably et11, and will stick out too far.

Cheers, I don't think they had laquer on anyway, if there was it had all come off before I started, and I think your right about the offset, I am in no rush to change the rims on the CE I just like deep dish Rims...

They look a damn sight better after an hours work!!!:cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom