My Luftpanzarwagen ('91 E-Class Merc W124 230E)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Car
1991 Mercedes W124 E230 Automatic
For sale I have my 1991 J reg W124 230E Mercedes-Benz (or Luftpanzarwagen as she's affectionately known!).
biggrin.gif

• MOT until June 2012
  • Tax until end of August 2011
  • 3 former owners in 20 years!
  • 145,000 miles which will increase a little daily as I need it for getting to work.
Last of the over engineered Mercs, it drives absolutely spot on. Really quiet, smooth 4 speed automatic, changes gear with no lurches, just as it should. It's a nice big, safe comfortable to drive saloon car which was bought for when my 4 month old son was born for those very reasons.
Exterior wise, the paint is very good with just the odd age related blemishes. There is a little rust on the passenger front wing but nothing serious. A few scratches on the bonnet but not key marks or anything like that. The wheels are minty mint mint. Honestly, they are perfect! No kerbing, no scratches, they look refurbished. I couldn't believe them when I bought it. The tyres are all Continental with 4-5mm of tread left all round. It's had new discs and pads all round within the last 6 weeks, a service by my mechanic friend (oil, oil filter, spark plugs, air filter), as well as new anti roll bar bushes, inner steering rack & copper brake feed pipes in every corner. It also has a towbar fitted which I have never used but never removed either.
Interior wise, it is in very good condition. One tear on the drivers seat bolster from getting in and out but no cigarette burns or horrible stains. Lovely thick carpets too and a wood effect dash. All electrics work (2 position sunroof, all 4 windows and passenger mirror) and there's no warning lights lit up on the dash either. All interior lights (glove box, reading lights, boot light etc.) all work too.
She gives over 30mpg on a run and is as quiet on the motorway as it is around town. Genuinely lovely car to drive and has wafted me, my fiancée and baby boy all over the place comfortably without missing a beat. Starts first time on the button with no oil/water leaks either. Even has a chauffeur key that unlocks only the door and steering lock!

Will take p/x or swap with a small hatch. Any questions, send me an email or give me a call after 4pm weekdays (any time weekends).

£800 o.n.o. Based in N.E. Lincs.

Andy
thumb.gif

Piccies... (the Merc badge is NOW back on).

P1000267.jpg

P1000266.jpg

P1000268.jpg

P1000265.jpg

P1000269.jpg

To the top

Open to offers on the price a p/x or straight swap for another car

Andy :)

Up you go. Maybe had a swap for diesel Xantia but the guy went quiet and seemed distant.

Would take £700 before end of this month as tax is due. Swaps, a p/x etc. Need a work hack really that can take a baby seat. Cheers. :)

To the top, any more questions please feel free to ask. I think it's a good example considering she be 20 years old. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom