My main dealer can't get oil for the automatic transmission

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dav964

Car
B200
The title says it all really. My B200 went in for an A service back end of January. They couldn't complete the service as the automatic transmission oil was on back order from Germany. Just phoned them up and they still don't have any (or an ide of when they might get some).

I'm new to Mercedes (driven Audi/Lexus before). Is this something others have seen? A problem caused by Brexit perhaps?

The car is fairly new (just had its first MOT) and the main dealer service was just shy of £700. Surprised me as its only a 1.3 wheras my Lexus was 4.6 and servicing was the same or a less...

Wh
The title says it all really. My B200 went in for an A service back end of January. They couldn't complete the service as the automatic transmission oil was on back order from Germany. Just phoned them up and they still don't have any (or an ide of when they might get some).

I'm new to Mercedes (driven Audi/Lexus before). Is this something others have seen? A problem caused by Brexit perhaps?

The car is fairly new (just had its first MOT) and the main dealer service was just shy of £700. Surprised me as its only a 1.3 wheras my Lexus was 4.6 and servicing was the same or a less...
what spec oil is it ?

I had this problem with a 2001 Nissan Primera with CVT oil, it turned out the CVT uses standard auto transmission oil.

Wh

what spec oil is it ?
Goodness knows. Whatever the dealership use I guess. It strikes me they could get something from Halford's but I don't think that's their way of working.

For the required spec and products that meet it, look here:

Dav , you are correct the dealer might not have the fluid they have to use because they are a dealership and can only use stuff they supply if they are to keep their masters happy .

Imagine they used something they bought in from elsewhere (which was probably exactly the same as the stuff they have run out of) and then in a years time something goes wrong with your car ? (unlikely)

Try to get some from one of the MB Ebay shops online using your VIN number and tell them to use that and knock the amount you paid off the bill. You will be handing them a genuine MB approved fluid along with a receipt for it from an MB dealership.

MB Newcastle and MB Sunderland have shops on Ebay. If you click 'contact seller' give them your VIN , tell them what you want they will list it on their online shop for a limited time. Just long enough for you to buy it.

If they have it I can't see how your servicing dealer can refuse to use it.

Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom