My Merc needs some attention for sale

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

olikea

Ok this is the story. I fell in love with the new Merc Sport Coupe, so I wondered down to the dealership with my '94 SL280.

Initially things looked good, they said they could offer "around" £11500 for the SL in part exchange. I rekoned this was a fair price.

Anyway I never rush headlong into things, and went away to investigate prices. My best quote was from carfile who put me in touch with a dealership in Nottingham that offered me 6.25% off the new car.

Anyway, armed with this information, I returned to my local MB dealership, who then said "oh sorry, we can only offer you £9500 for your old car, as we cannot sell it ourselves" (too old apparently)!

The cheek of it all plus the feeling of being ripped off made me decide to go for a private sale. But the problem is there are a few niggles that could put private buyers off that need attention.

For example, some of the interior cubby holes don't seem to work properly, and the engine seems to be leaking coolant (albeit very slowly), the level for indicators etc is connected to bit of plastic that has worn loose and doesn't have the usual high quality feel, and there is a tiny little dent on the boot, but its showing a small amount of rust, which really scares some ppl.

I should imagine it is worth trying to get these things fixed up, but I am not going to go to an MB dealership, anyone know of anyone who does this kind of work? Just fixing up a car so that its good as new?

George Fraser is very good, Tel:02087951055
or Tony Purslow (main dealer) give 40% discount on labour for older vehicles and 10% disc. on parts. Tel: 01256464050

Regards

Tan

Where abouts are you? I can do it for you if you are not too far from me.

I am in the West Sussex area, but happy to travel ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom