My Modification Service: W209 CLK Complete Interior Facelift

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KillerHERTZ

Administrator
Staff member
Car
SL63 AMG
In the early days of the forum, it was common practice for people to do their own mods as it was alot easier back then. Changing bumpers, updating lights etc could be done without the need to plug the cars into STAR and what-not. We even had a large thread on this call the 'Modtanica'. As time has gone on it has become increasingly more difficult to make noticeable changes.

Throughout my Mercedes history on here (see the threads linked in my sig) I have updated all of my cars a large amount, with the least changes being made to my current car my CLS55 AMG. Now as this is my first AMG there arent really too many changes I can make to how it left the factory. however much I love my car I do miss the old days of swapping over bumpers, swapping lights etc which brings me onto to the point of this thread. Modding other peoples cars :D

A couple of months ago a new forum member clk320x with a W209 CLK contacted me asking about the modifications I had done on my large thread about my previous car my CLK270 CDI (thread HERE) and if I would be interested in swapping it over for him.
He had a similar early W209 with the awful pre-facelift interior. For MY2002-2003 Mercedes deemed it fit to raid the Ford Transit parts bin for the switch gear, before updating it to the variously superior version which was fitted for the remainder of the cars production period. - The very same switchgear was fitted to the W203 during this time also.

I agreed and once he had sourced the correct later switchgear from a breakers yard we talked options as to what replacement Satnav unit he would like as a replacement. I advised to swap it with OEM COMAND, however he decided on a double Din Kenwood headunit with all the mod cons, touchscreen, Blue-Tooth, USB, Garmin etc etc.

A month or so later the car was dropped off with myself for a couple of days while I swapped over the interior, painted the brake Calipers silver and also sorted out the rear wheel arch rust.

rhlp3mp.jpg

fZNoYFv.jpg

YUAJyNR.jpg

GPMyB6V.jpg

Ogab7YJ.jpg

TWnOS2V.jpg

If anyone is interested in any work similar to this, facelift conversions, bumper swaps etc, need any modifications doing to:
W202/W210/W208/W209/W203/W211/W219 etc get in touch by email: karl_edwards @ hotmail.com or via PM :thumb:

Last edited:
Amazing work!

Karl was great, he treated the car as his own and kept me updated with photos and video throughout the process. I'd highly recommend him to anyone looking to get anything done to your Mercedes! He really knows his stuff. :)

Karl was great, he treated the car as his own and kept me updated with photos and video throughout the process. I'd highly recommend him to anyone looking to get anything done to your Mercedes! He really knows his stuff. :)

Thanks, it was a pleasure to work on your car :thumb:

Cracking job, Karl - that really does bring the interior up to date.

I wonder would you get a similar style carbon wrap for the double din converter, would look even more OEM then.

Great job Karl. I've always blamed you for the amount of mods and money spent on the C43AMG I had :D

Cheers guys!

I actually really enjoy working on cars, modding like that. got to find a way to get more 'customers' and do it regularly.

Last edited:
With your attention to detail you shouldn't have any problem attracting customers.

I can see something wrong.

It needs DRLs :devil::devil::devil::bannana::bannana::bannana:

I can see something wrong.

It needs DRLs :devil::devil::devil::bannana::bannana::bannana:

And facelift grill, facelift rear lights, GPS aerial...

Don't worry, already in planning stages for the work to be done :D

I made a video for my channel with the footage taken during the conversion if anyone's interested:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Check my channel for further videos :thumb: (and subscribe for more)

Last edited:
Really admire the work you do KillerHERTZ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom