My morning at MSL

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AngryDog

Car
E60 M5
Had the car at MSL today. Bit down on power at 444bhp at the wheels. It's probably losing between 5 and 22bhp at the wheels. Acid thinks that the IC pump may be the weak link as the IATs were a bit high. It has the newer Bosch pump on it so I am going to look at getting a larger heat exchanger for it and call it quits.

Had a good morning at MSL, Acid, Amio and the rest of the team there are extremely friendly and knowledgeable, I wouldn't dream of taking a Mercedes anywhere else. They have made a customer for life from me today.

Acid picked up a few issues with the car which I am going to get sorted. Also gave me some excellent advice re tuning it (i.e. leave it alone lol). You can't fault that, it would be so easy for him to sell me a 77mm pulley etc. His level of honesty and integrity is a rare thing in the these days.

Anyone who may be umming and ahhing over MSL? Stop it lol. They're the MB guys to trust. I'm well happy with the level of service I received today. 100%

So have you actually had anything done?

Agree. Top guys at msl. I've been there on one occasion and the service is second to none. It's a shame they're so far away from me. Mind you if they was closer I'd be skint lol.

So have you actually had anything done?

Maybe not.

Maybe that's why he is so chuffed, I love it when I go to a garage and spend less than expected.

Or they just threw a stick for the dog and fed him a few biscuits?

The car already has an 84mm pulley and Eurocharged remap. No point doing anything else to it.

Yes they are very good. I'm actually getting my 2.0l BMW 3 series works car mapped by them soon. Wife thinks I'm going mad :crazy:

This is exactly it when i went for the first time a few weeks back it was amazing...
They all fantastic guys.

I look forward to going back, Acid wasnt there when i went down unfortunatley so didnt get to see him.

Agree.
Went to B'ham to a friend and decided to go and see MSL.
Very friendly chaps who did take their time in showing us around, introducing to other staff and while Acid was late for a meeting, he still came to greet.

Got plans for my e55 once couple of things are sorted, but definitely know now where to go.

Mine's been into MSL once or twice, always had a good level of service off them though I note that there's no mention of chicken in this thread...

This always used to be part of the MSL package. :D

Mine's been into MSL once or twice, always had a good level of service off them though I note that there's no mention of chicken in this thread...

This always used to be part of the MSL package. :D

Chicken salad for the wife and a chicken baguette for me lol. Was very nice.

I visited last year and really couldn't fault them at all, great guys.

The little Cafe is really good!

When I mentioned chicken, I meant the stuff we used to get from up the road before the cafe was there. It got a bit addictive. :)

Well worth the drive to MSL, to get the service and advice that you wouldn't get from a main dealer, I've made the trip three times in the last six months..... Remap, Decat & Quaife LSD. Totally happy every time and always enjoyed the drive back after the work had been done.

Well worth the drive to MSL, to get the service and advice that you wouldn't get from a main dealer, I've made the trip three times in the last six months..... Remap, Decat & Quaife LSD. Totally happy every time and always enjoyed the drive back after the work had been done.

The M18 on-wards is the best place to get a lick on, apparently ;), though the M18 itself is quite boring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom