my n/s indicator only works when my mirror is folded up on 2004 W211

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sharrig11

Car
e class
My indicator only works on my near side wing mirror when its folded up. When the mirror is unfolded and the indicator turned on it does not work and a fault comes on the dash. I have changed the door mirror repeater and it still doesn't work. There were numerous threads on this way back in 2009 and a member called Druk provided a link which no longer seems to be available. Does any body have this link? www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=62215. or can anybody assist with this issue and does anybody know that by fitting a new repeater that this requires a MB reset.?

I have have taken the car to a local garage and they think it may be from inside the mirror electrics itself and not the wiring to the mirror. May need a mirror body perhaps?

Has anybody had any similar issues and how to fix it.

Well that was a thread from long ago we have had lots over the years,from what I remember all the wires connecting through to the door mirrors were black and with continued use one or more break,I assume there is a connector inside the mirror I would be checking continuity to eliminate that then look at whatever is transferring the power to the indicator in the door mirror itself

My indicator only works on my near side wing mirror when its folded up. When the mirror is unfolded and the indicator turned on it does not work and a fault comes on the dash. I have changed the door mirror repeater and it still doesn't work. There were numerous threads on this way back in 2009 and a member called Druk provided a link which no longer seems to be available. Does any body have this link? www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=62215. or can anybody assist with this issue and does anybody know that by fitting a new repeater that this requires a MB reset.?

I have have taken the car to a local garage and they think it may be from inside the mirror electrics itself and not the wiring to the mirror. May need a mirror body perhaps?

Has anybody had any similar issues and how to fix it.
Many thanks to everyone who took the time to reply.

If your indicator works when folded, just jiggle the wires in the folded position - you might just get it working again as a temporary fix. A proper fix would require the break in the wire to be repaired - suggest replacing the wire completely as any repairs to the weakest point is unlikely to last very long with continuous folding of the mirror.

This is a well-known minor fault on the W211, and common sense suggests that it occurs sooner on cars where the automatic mirror folding feature is used. When I bought my latest one, both sides were duff - mirror movement up/down one side, indicator the other side.

Once you have it sorted, make sure the mirror automatic folding is off to reduce the risk of it happening again; or more accurately, to put off the time when it will happen again...

As above me too. Folding back and forth always seemed likely to damage wires so I just use it when necessary (generally never!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom