My Name is Phil, and I’m addicted to…

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well worth £10K :D.

Mine has a different exhaust system to Dave's (previously standard one) too :dk:

When's it going to the track then Phil? Ah, go on, youwillyouwillyouwill..

Cheers,

Gaz

Maybe it's a PP/S vs not thing.
Maybe, but I can't for the life of me imagine why? My guess is that it was a change made from a particular build date. In the OASIS report mine is code 805 Technical Modifications (05) and I'd guess yours is of similar vintage Peter. What's your one John?
Mine has a different exhaust system to Dave's (previously standard one) too :dk:
Now that's interesting. What are the differences - other than the fact most of Dave's factory exhaust is in a skip somewhere? :D

Maybe, but I can't for the life of me imagine why? My guess is that it was a change made from a particular build date. In the OASIS report mine is code 805 Technical Modifications (05) and I'd guess yours is of similar vintage Peter. What's your one John?

My oil temp changes blue to white at 80 Phil, but on my sheet it's code 804 Technical Modifications (04), so you may be onto something here.

Now that's interesting. What are the differences - other than the fact most of Dave's factory exhaust is in a skip somewhere? :D

I still have my back boxes :cool: That's all though. :(

I think John's has 4 cats (2 per side) whereas my system just had two in total.

Great read chap, very inspired to work hard and get one in the future, proper nice car enjoy!

Maybe, but I can't for the life of me imagine why? My guess is that it was a change made from a particular build date. In the OASIS report mine is code 805 Technical Modifications (05) and I'd guess yours is of similar vintage Peter. What's your one John?Now that's interesting. What are the differences - other than the fact most of Dave's factory exhaust is in a skip somewhere? :D

804 so it might just be a PCR (Product Change Request) mod.

Mine has these two small cannisters upstream of the resonator (lack of).

Dave's doesn't have these.

I did read somewhere that the S exhaust was different.

For comparison, this is my original one: -

DSC_6279.jpg

Note the single cats, and below as it currently is: -

DSC_6293.jpg

Total absence of cats. :D

Just read all the great write-ups, great job phil and a lovely car. I love the black exhaust (now) tips. Are they standard on the black trim option?

Thanks Derek. Yes the black exhaust tips are part of the Night Package.

Great write up Phil, I'd be very interested to hear your thoughts on continued ownership experiences.

Wow just seen this post! Congrats on the upgrade Phil! Can't wait to see it in the flesh at a nearby meet soon

Great write up Phil, I'd be very interested to hear your thoughts on continued ownership experiences.
Thanks Lee - I'll post up anything I think may be of general interest.

Just read all this. What a great happy thread; well done Phil:thumb: And pictures....we love pictures.

Looking fwd even more now to Olly's meet. :D

I'm 8,000 miles into mine now and (astonishingly) the rear tyres are all still good with lots of tread left!

This is after many full throttle launches at TV2, 10 laps of Silverstone, 5 laps of Mallory, 5 laps of Oulton Park and a LOT of barrying it away from traffic lights and yellow lines.

Maybe I should try harder!

Peter DLM said:
I'm 8,000 miles into mine now and (astonishingly) the rear tyres are all still good with lots of tread left! This is after many full throttle launches at TV2, 10 laps of Silverstone, 5 laps of Mallory, 5 laps of Oulton Park and a LOT of barrying it away from traffic lights and yellow lines. Maybe I should try harder!

Peter

You and I both, The GT S now has 6months of driving a few events and 9k miles and tyres are all good. I hope to remedy that with three track days in the next two months.

Great thread and write-up.

I'm 8,000 miles into mine now and (astonishingly) the rear tyres are all still good with lots of tread left!

This is after many full throttle launches at TV2, 10 laps of Silverstone, 5 laps of Mallory, 5 laps of Oulton Park and a LOT of barrying it away from traffic lights and yellow lines.

Maybe I should try harder!
14000 out of ours

I put a new set of tyres on then sell the car after 6 months so no idea how long mine last lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom