My neighbour is a knob .....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

poormansporsche

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
W209
It might just be me ....

My neighbour buys a new car (semi prestige, 1 series, A class etc) every year on the first of March, then when the first of September comes round he puts his private plate on for the remaining 6 months. Just to have the latest reg or hide the fact when its not quite the latest reg ? To me this seems to be a complete waste of time ? What do the panel think ?

BTW he is a **** for a myriad of other reasons but thats the only car related one !

I agree he seems a lil strange. Classic case of caring what (he thinks) people think about him.

Car reg snobbery of the highest level.

I did the opposite. Got a new W447 Vito and popped a plate starting with AB07 on it. Unless people know their vans it looks like an 07 plate.

Ant.

When I bought the SL I had a private plate put on from new. It's actually the first private plate I've ever bought.

A couple of people asked me why I'd done that on a brand new car and didn't I want people to see it was new.

I'd never actually thought about it until it was mentioned to me.

I guess it matters to some people more than others.

Changing the plate on a new car seems sensible to me, there are some real low life's that will lovingly key the side of new cars.

PS My neighbour is also a complete k£$b and a tos&*r as well! :thumb:

When I bought the SL I had a private plate put on from new. It's actually the first private plate I've ever bought.

A couple of people asked me why I'd done that on a brand new car and didn't I want people to see it was new.

I'd never actually thought about it until it was mentioned to me.

I guess it matters to some people more than others.

Mine came with an Irish plate when I bought it .

I couldn't care less and might revert to a K prefix at some point .

Same as all those fools who queue for an iPhone every 6 months.

Same as all those fools who queue for an iPhone every 6 months.

Queue? If you buy enough iPhones you get priority.

It's called iMfirst :D

My neighbour is a knob too, do we all live on the same street? lol

My neighbour is a restaurant owned by my dads schoolmate, definitely not a knob! :D

so I have a private plate, which is currently in my parents car.

And the boss has a private plate which is the prefix letter Y. Thus making her car look older than it is.

And always gives me a chuckle when people say why Y reg? Why not.

And I wish we had an Austin Ambassador for it. (John Stuttleworth apologies all round)

Another reason my neighbour is a knob .... To put no finer point on it his daughter is the local bike, I kid you not every week she has a different manual worker staying overnight. This would not bother me but my neighbour obviously is too much of a snob to let vans park outside his house so they always park outside of my house making it hard for me to get in and out of my drive.

Still, I get my own back by parking my pikey mobile van outside his house on the times I bring it home from work. The graffiti on the side and oil leaks look lovely :)

^ Does your snobby neighbour think you are a knob?:D

He thinks I'm some sort of filthy pikey with less disposable income than him (little does he know ;) ). Just because I choose to drive old but interesting cars that may be a bit noisy, tatty off and on (and rusty!) Instead of a late plate eurobox.

He made it clear from the day I moved in that a 30 year old with a manual job should not be living in his road !

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom