My New 2002 w203 Mercedes C32 AMG W.I.P.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Cheers for the comments guys, but dont worry im not doing any chavey mods to the car!!lol!!
I apriciate the views on the grille i totally understand where your all coming from and proberly chasnge it in the end!!But here i'll give you the list of what i will be doing to the car and the info!!!

1)Exhaust-Im gonna go for a MH-Dezent quad c55 exhaust conversion from germany.its one of the best custom conversions and cost around £1800 supplied.Along with this i will be installing a c55 boot well so theres easy fitting for the c55 conversion

2)Suspension-For this i will be getting the new fully ajustable spax rsx gas kits.these are unbelievable suspension, but very exspensive, but well worth it.please drive a car with this kit, you'll be plesently surprised.

3)oem clear front lenses-The ones on it make the car look to dated, and these, i think, really freshen up the front end

4)Rear l.e.d conversion-Same as before just to make it look a little newer.

5)Full carbon fibre front spoiler-This splitter from the states gives the front end a stance, and will make you wonder why they never fitted them as standard!!lol!!

6)Stage 2 tune-The car has been fully remaped already on with a v-tune chip by advance auto tenik.Im glad i got this done cos it runs alot better and smoother.Then i will be installing let motorsport ic pump.These if you know about them work sooooo much better then the standard bosch one.Then there will be the heat exchanger, and let motorsports special 185mm pulley.I've been in a c32 with this pulley, and oh my it makes a massive difference to power!!Once these are all installed it will be going back to advance auto tecnik to be re-mapped with upgraded software so the ecu knows the new toys under the hood are there and that its happy to use them!!lol

Once this is alldone i think that'll be it as you can take these things to extreme measures, and as you know mercs arnt cheap, especially amg's, But as im only 24 i think ive got a good car on my hands!!

On thursday i will be going to paramount Performance for a dyno just to see what the standard power of the car is ACTUALLY running, so update then peeps!!

Once agin cheers for the imput, as every little helps!!:)

I think im gona take the advice and just wait, and save the money to get the the real mercedes clk63 wheels!!lol!!At least then it will all be genuine mercedes parts!!

Sounds like a great project! I think what you're doing is fantastic. Would be great if you post up your sources for your parts, which website you got them from etc. That way this thread will serve as a great guide for anyone wanting to follow in your footsteps.

Do you need to have a remap after the pulley? I think in the states they have been running them on stock engines although there have been the odd report of it doing strange things to the ECU.

Cheers for the comments guys, but dont worry im not doing any chavey mods to the car!!lol!!
I apriciate the views on the grille i totally understand where your all coming from and proberly chasnge it in the end!!But here i'll give you the list of what i will be doing to the car and the info!!!

1)Exhaust-Im gonna go for a MH-Dezent quad c55 exhaust conversion from germany.its one of the best custom conversions and cost around £1800 supplied.Along with this i will be installing a c55 boot well so theres easy fitting for the c55 conversion

My Kleemann C200K has just undergone the C55 exhaust conversion and centre tyre well all done and installed by MB Approved Body Shop. The total bill for tyre well, heatshields, exhaust and fitting came to just over £2,300.00. You will also need all the rear hanging fittings and clamps which is another £41.63. Plus your spare saver wheel and tools, the access panel to tyre well will no longer fit so if you regulary use the boot all will need replaced. I don't so the spare and tools are okay sitting in the back of the boot.

I am picking it up later on this morning so will post details and pics later (if it stops raining). Once you go down this route there is no turning back, and you will have caught the long-term modding bug. Let me know if you need the part numbers for this mod and i will post them for you. Unless you intend to keep the car for a long period of time i would think carefully before chopping your C32 exhaust system, as its already a nice car in its current form. Hope that helps.

Regards. Here's a link to my C55 Exhaust Conversion http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=57682

Last edited:
i know the exhaust mod is exspensive but well worth it, as these should of been as standard on these like the c55!!

Right im off to Paramount Performance in Slough now for the dyno!!Will post up what she made with stock engine(apart from filters and a re-map)!!C ya!!

Nice choice of car Michael, now all you need to do is apply for a Lloyds tsb duo airmile credit card,if you apply on the airmiles site you get free flights to zone 1, then get a shell drivers club card to collect airmiles aswell and your sorted.

Mine slurps unleaded like nobodys business and the airmiles soon add up;)

Marty

i did just that last week had my shell card for a while then llyods told me about the credit card ACE:bannana:

Right just got back from Paramount Performance in slough for my rolling road, and there was a bit of a problem......

When on the dyno, the car would get to 5,000 rpm in 3rd gear and then completly loose power, i don't know whether its got a faulty ic pump, or theres something wrong with the cars computer, as up to 84mph it runs perfectly and then just gets confused and loses power!!If anyone else has heard of this or might know what the problem is, i would love some imput!!cheers!!

there are no warning lights whatsoever!!!in the usa guys have had this kind of problem with there c32 amg's, and they seem to think its an ic pump problem!!

ive had this problem when i first bought the car!!

on the rolling road it gets to 5,000 rpm in 3rd i believe at 84mph and looses power

when i drive it it looses power at 100mph and just wont go any higher!!its really strange!!

when i drive it it looses power at 100mph and just wont go any higher!!

Not an import, by any chance? A few countries do have lower speed limiters I think (Japan??).

when i drive it it looses power at 100mph and just wont go any higher!!its really strange!!

If it were just this I'd suggest it might be the permanent speed limiter to protect the tyres, set through the "setting" option of the on-board computer.....

No this is british car, and speed restritor on the dash is turned off for the tyres!!Its going to advance auto tecnik on monday to have full dionostic test and check all the way through, so im sure the problem will be sourced!!

Do you need to use the cluster controls to switch into Dyno mode?

I believe i use the reset button and then the steering wheels controls!!

So you had set Dyno mode before the test?

Are you sure it was in dyno mode, ie ABS, ESP, etc off?

UPDATE-14 OCTOBER 2008

Alrighty there, have been on my w.i.p thread due to money, and organising.But now the ball should start rolling.by the end of december i shall have the following parts and have them on the c32.

1)Clear Projector Fog Lights

FL-BZ-W203-pro-AMG-G-CHc.jpg

2)Bi-Xenon Clear Headlights

HL-BZ-w203-HID-pro-CHd.jpg

3)3 fin black and chrome grille

w203-3fin-001.jpg

4)Carbon Fibre Front Splitter

f3f0_1.JPG

5)Rear l.e.d. light conversion

TL-W203-LED-RCa.jpg

6)clk 63 AMG Wheels (18 inch) VI Titans

3314_1.JPG

7)AMG Foot pedal set

AMGATPedals.jpg

And a little picture to show you what the front end will sort of look like..

fa8c_1.JPG

Also i am just in the process of opening my account with L.E.T. Motorsport in the states where i will be ordering the following..

1)185 mm Pulley
2)Heat exchanger
3)Johnson cm30 ic pump
4)L.E.T.Motorsport software

But this wont be till gone march ready for summer.

Also the c32 was looking worse for wear, after being outside in the great british weather, so i clayed, and polish her up and made her look shiney!:D

DSCF0054.jpg

DSCF0057.jpg

DSCF0071.jpg

DSCF0074.jpg

DSCF0077.jpg

DSCF0081.jpg

DSCF0089.jpg

So if you got this far, thanxs for taking alook peeps, and i guess watch this space...for my AMG PROJECT!!

DSCF0091.jpg

Nice car.

Don't forget the facelift mirror indicators!

Should of just bought mine lol, save yourself all the hassle as i had done nearly all those mods including springs/genuine alloys style IV/pulley/software/de limit/filters/clear lights/carbon lip/(not taiwan stuff)55 rear spoiler/ etc etc.

One thing i can say is that you dont need the cm30 pump as these are only good for hot country climates here in the uk the std one is more that enough and it wont improve a thing,here it was before i sold it.....

Attachments

• IMG_0651_800x600.jpg
    IMG_0651_800x600.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 237

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom