My New 2002 w203 Mercedes C32 AMG W.I.P.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I cannot remember but there is a German site where users publish clips.

the 200 mph boys tend to be the very tunned up cars.

200 mph on a speedo could be somewhat out compared to the GPS

The new Corvette ZR1 at on top gear posted a 205 mph

6.2 Litre v8
620 BHP
607lbs ft
1519KG

Its also beat the Nissan GTR buy nearly 4 seconds round the ring (Well worth watching)

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/News/S...orvette-ZR1s-record-breaking-Nurburgring-lap/

I'd have thought you'd need an awful lot more power to get above 200MPH in a C32! That's if the standard gearing would be suitable?

Will

Fair play its quick but not 200 mph as stated :)

The Brabus E V12 would do it :) or the Bullet :)

Both 600bhp plus cars ..

997 Turbo doesn't break 200mph and thats lighter and has more power ..

An indicated 200mph and a genuine 200mph are both very different things.

Speak to Maff.

997 Turbo doesn't break 200mph and thats lighter and has more power ..

And is more streamlined.

To get a 3 box saloon over 200 mph requires a lot more power than doing the same thing with a low/sleek coupe.

Here we go , Maffs CL65 DMS mapped against a RUF R Turbo ... neither broke 200mph from a rolling start

CL65 vs RUF Turbo R

To be fair, Both Maff's old CL65 and that Ruf Turbo should be able to break 200MPH given enough space! I think the limiting factor on that day was down to the length of the runway.

Remember Maff's later post from when he came back from Europe (Germany/France etc).

Will

Yeah , i said that earlier , that he got it over 200mph but it took miles of empty autobahn ...

I was just illustrating that both of those cars have got big big power and only just top 200mph.

Whether 450bhp is enough to do it , i doubt it , for reasons outlined by Bill .

As i'm sure the OP and the rest of us are aware , speed requires exponential increases of power. 175mph might only require 300bhp , but 200mph will require pretty much double that ( genuine MPH , not indicated by speedo which could be 10% out at those speeds )

jesus first time online since i posted alot earlier!i didnt mean to affend peeps, this is mearly a guidline,i wasnt coming on here to say it will 100% gonna hit 200mph and i dont care whAt anyone says cos im right!lol!but good discussion!as to the guy who said there 350 ish as standard that is to the crank, mine is 302 to the floor which is about right me thinks for power lost through transmission.

your thread sort of got hijacked...sorry:crazy:...oh yes.. like the wheels

as to the guy who said there 350 ish as standard that is to the crank, mine is 302 to the floor which is about right me thinks for power lost through transmission.

Ahhhh, fair point then :) :D :D

Andy do you have the car?

:)

this kits worth it though as your i believe your looking at 420 bhp to the floor, 444lbs of torgue and a top speed of over 200mph...pretty hardcore for a c32!!

I reckon 420bhp at the wheels is 500bhp at the crankshaft, and given a long enough straight should be good for 200mph in a C32. In fact 420bhp at the crankshaft is theoretically just about enough to crack 200mph.

Actually managing it is a different kettle of fish without visiting the salt flats.

excellent discussion!!anyway the weekends gone and i still havnt taken pics of the new wheels on the car, but that is cos the weather is awful at the mo so shall have them up this week!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom