My New 2002 w203 Mercedes C32 AMG W.I.P.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

H13BS M

Banned
Car
2002 Mercedes C32 AMG
Hi there i joined up here not so long ago, as 1 month ago i purchased my first Mercedes Benz.In the end i bought a 2002 w203 Mercedes C32 AMG!This one came fully loaded with every optional extra from the factory, and was completly stock when i bought it. Heres The picture of what the car was like when i went to purchase from pistonheads.

b7f83351843b3e4dd5d6be0b8b3d3f4c.jpg

A picture of the engine and interior after i clean her the day i got back from picking her up!!

912d30f8a8980f04b2f4d5c875cfd019.jpg

The interior is immaculate, and the only thing that was worn was the gear knob, so i replaced it with a real AMG gear knob

ff39bf1505d119879832fd06cc2edf09.jpg

cee0a330e683cefed8e8185e954d99a9.jpg

d7d38ab4f16e78664ec1fe77c3c833b3.jpg

54d36c1aca137eb7f7bb5ff9ff62332a.jpg

Once i had the car home, the first day, i changed the front grille, and bonnet emblem to the c klasse coupe ones, and put my new private plates on....

925029580a67ab1f5fc2d0a0c07e9d24.jpg

Then there was a few funny spots on the roof, and the rear bumper had a tiny scratch in it, so it went straight to imagination creation for the roof and rear bumper to be sprayed.Prior to that, i ordered an oem C55 boot spoiler from mercedes to make it look alittle sportier...

8e830f4f20f31abc10960d67a5430ab9.jpg

Once i got i back, i wanted to remap the car as the amg's are restristed in everyway for the uk, which makes them a little angry in the gears and throttle responce.After a long time trying to geting it remap, we realised that amg encrypt the ecu's completly, so off to brabus i went and had Advance AutoTenik in langly to fit, chip and ajust my new fully re-mapable brabus ECU, and take the electronic restrictor off.Also why i was there, i replaced my filters to green filters as they say my engine likes them!!lol!!

So here she is as she stands today...

5978b6ecaedcd22d4cbbe7af4d70d7b6.jpg

The next things are the rims.So today (09/09/08)i ordered a set of the new Mercedes C63 AMG wheels in 18's....

69b7f83c73732efcd5b416677bd83f29.jpg

These i think look sick,aswell as keeping the car completly Mercedes.Aswell as the graphite grey on the wheels will match my paint, which is quite handy.

And also its booked in at Paramount Performance on thursday to have it rolling road, just to see what power its putting out standard, before i have Let Motorsport Stage 2 kit (IC Pump, Heat Exchanger, Uprated 185mm Pulley) put on.

Much more to come include dyno results friday!!!

Which also means my genuwine 17 inch AMG wheels that are seen in the pictures are up for sale.There all in mint condition bar a couple of little black marcs on the rear right wheel.They come complete with
front-Michalin Pilot Sports-5mm tread left on them
Rear-Pirelli P-Zero's-7mm tread left on them

So the rear ones are practically brand new and the fronts arnt even half way through yet!!

Price-£850.00

detailed pictures coming soon!!

Nice car!!

Are you fitting the LET kit yourself? Don't fancy a Code 3 intake to go with it?

welcome h13bsm! Look forward to hearing with progress on the car! Are those E63 wheels genuine?

are your plates legal
No, that's why they don't have the maker etc. on them. I have no idea what the mis-spacing is meant to make the reg. read as?

Good looking car apart from that though.

+1

Nice colour and good choice of car. They go very well indeed.

Please loose the grille emblem, its just my opinion but I think it looks better with a AG grille.

No the whellks arnt genuine as i cant justify like 3,000 on wheels when u can get forged ones that are such good replica's, as for the numbeplate its H13BS =HOBS=My surname
M=Michael=My first name!!!

No the whellks arnt genuine as i cant justify like 3,000 on wheels when u can get forged ones that are such good replica's, as for the numbeplate its H13BS =HOBS=My surname

Personally I would stick with OEM wheels over replicas.

Why not try a different finish or colour - would be cheaper to do them up rather than buying new wheels AND you maintain the handling characteristics?

I agree with Ollie's comment on the grille - I think the only C that looks good with a "big star" grille is the C55/ C63.

Only my opinions, your car looks good and you love it - thats all that matters!:)

Last edited:
Cheers for the imput guys, i don't need to do any work to the oem amg wheel's as there mint, i just want a different style, and somethink an inch bigger.once ive finished doing some other things to the exterior, i don't think the grille will look to bad, but i know what you mean i was ummm and ahhh-ing for ages but i got the original still, if i change my mind which i suppose is a good thing!!:)

That grille's got a .....

bigstar.jpg

I prefer the AG grille , each to their own though , it looks a lovely car. :)

Welcome. Nice car - interesting mods - looking forward to see what you have planned for the future. Might want to look at 3 slat black grille looks much better and will suit your black car see my sig pics (C55 and C200k Sport) both with black 3 slat grilles.

Hey dude,

Nice car and good buy. Keep in mind that people's views of your car are just opinions and its still your choice to do whatever you want with your car!

I do like the new alloys you bought, was considering them myself and was ery close to buying, but i've seen one-to-many threads about the change from MB alloys to non-original alloys affecting handling slightly. I've experienced this myself, so i forked out and bought a set of original Brabus monoblock IV alloys and i'm waiting for the rubber on my old alloys to die before i replace them.

But nice car, and a wonderfully torquey engine you got there... i wish sometimes that they would have put that engine in the W202 but hey life's a b*tch .... :)

Very nice!!!

If the fuel consumption ever becomes too much for you - Don't worry, I'll happily swap engines.:D

Looking forward to the results of the stage 2 kit.

Not sure if they're still for sale but R2D2 was selling some Bi-xenons for the W203. would look good on yours.

Jay.

Nice choice of car Michael, now all you need to do is apply for a Lloyds tsb duo airmile credit card,if you apply on the airmiles site you get free flights to zone 1, then get a shell drivers club card to collect airmiles aswell and your sorted.

Mine slurps unleaded like nobodys business and the airmiles soon add up;)

Marty

Excellent car! :bannana: Love what your doing to it (apart from the grill, sorry :eek: )

But I think you got the cost of wheels a bit wrong? Check here genuine as well :rolleyes:

Nice car dude,

Congrats - one I would say - a car like that Iwould try and keep as close to stock as possible in terms of body styling.

Definite NO NO to replica wheels - stick to the tried and tested wheels which the vehicle has been designed for. remaps are good, uprate the brakes maybe, lighter and better sounding Exhaust etc

Whatever you do the heart is still an AMG....:cool:

Welcome to the club.

Nice car BTW....

M.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom