My new 2012 E63 Wagon V8 Biturbo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Nice colour, love the colour. 👍 hope you're enjoying it!

Do you want to lower for looks or performance out of interest? Or both?!
Would say looks, i dont drive hard enough to say i need better performance then what AMG engineeres made :p
And my driveway is... lets say "complicated", so i cant go to low.

Would say looks, i dont drive hard enough to say i need better performance then what AMG engineeres made :p
And my driveway is... lets say "complicated", so i cant go to low.
Post some pics if you lower 👍

Great colour , are these as tail happy as people make out?
I’ve always gone for Audi rs’s because the wife has to drive them occasionally.

I’ve thought about them but my last rs was 500bhp with 500ib/ft of torque and you could pretty much floor it anywhere, which made it really easy for the wife to drive , amg’s just scare me for some reason

If you turn the ESP off, yes; if you leave it on, they’re a pussycat. OK, a big pussycat 🤣
Correct.
My wife drives the car just fine, she just never uses more then 10% of the accelerator :)

No need to be scared, they're eminently driveable - even in snow if you're careful!
Here in the southwest of Norway we have 2 days of snow and 4 months of liqued salt sprayed on the road :(
So it is parked 4 months of the year.

I love it, spectacular colour. Can I ask, do you actually get to enjoy the performance in Norway. The roads have a reputation for having strictly enforced speed limits.

I love it, spectacular colour. Can I ask, do you actually get to enjoy the performance in Norway. The roads have a reputation for having strictly enforced speed limits.
Thats a good question :)
The max speedlimit is low in general, and only a few stretches of road have the max limit (110kmh).
But on the other side, there is a lot of fun roads that are limited to 80kmh, and its a real test to actually keep up with 80 on these countryside roads.
Maybe the E63 wagon is not setup for these roads compered to my old 996 Turbo Porsche, but it gives you some lovely driveing experience within the laws.

Got the Spacers from @KillerHERTZ yestertday and mountet the one in the rear (needed some new bolts from the front).

Looks great, ill get some better photos when the the fronts are doen.
I have also ordered H&R lowering springs for the front and Links for the back (but i am unsure if i need it after the spacers...).

Befor:
IMG_0522.jpg
IMG_0523.jpg

After:
IMG_0524.jpg
IMG_0525.jpg
IMG_0530.jpg

Judging from the condition of the wheels, im guessing the came with the car from Germany in 2019.
My plan was to get them re-finished, but maybe i will try to get hold of some original OEM wheels instead.

Lets see what 2022 brings... the season is soon over here in Norway and the start to spray salt all over the roads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom