My new adjustable rear camber arms

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

noogieman

MB Enthusiast
Car
I Loewe Old Skool AMG
What ya think, will it be a great mod to get longer life from my tires?
I haven't installed them yet.

Anyone on this forum have something like this on your Benz?

What was the best camber specs from 4 wheel alignment after installing adjustable camber arms on your car, getting numbers as close to factory specs or something else?

They are rock solid in material.

Last edited:
Being rose jointed as opposed to rubber bushed will mean a short life and they will knock like crazy once they wear, but will give better tyre life once the camber is sorted.

Being rose jointed as opposed to rubber bushed will mean a short life and they will knock like crazy once they wear, but will give better tyre life once the camber is sorted.

seller says these adjustable arms last longer than oem camber arms???
I'm getting confused?

My current rear tire set up is worn badly on the inner side shoulders and across the complete centre tire/pavement surface!
They are like slicks now.

That's why I bought these new camber arms to avoid my new tires getting worn in the wrong way.

Please explain about this: Being rose jointed
What are you saying about the rubber insulation on the rod ends, the rubber layer is it too thin and small to kill noize, it's the tiny thin lichorise stripe inside the rodends?

Last edited:
I couldn't really see the rubber layer, but in that case they may be OK. The risk is that the joint will suffer wear as metal to metal contact quickly wears such joints.

seller says these adjustable arms last longer than oem camber arms???
I'm getting confused?

My current rear tire set up is worn badly on the inner side shoulders and across the complete centre tire/pavement surface!
They are like slicks now.

That's why I bought these new camber arms to avoid my new tires getting worn in the wrong way.

Please explain about this: Being rose jointed
What are you saying about the rubber insulation on the rod ends, the rubber layer is it too thin and small to kill noize, it's the tiny thin lichorise stripe inside between uniballs and the rodend head?

Can you see the rubber in the picture?

You may want to look at getting a protection boot to keep the road dirt out of the joint if they aren’t supplied.

I don't see any rubber in those ends. They look like standard rose joints with clearance chamfers to one side.

As above get some boots on and they should be ok. I think they may well transfer noise and vibration through to the car though.

Here's mine.
Seem to work very well.

Attachments

• camber.jpg
    camber.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 231
  • camber2.jpg
    camber2.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 231
Hi all,
I am also having second thoughts on the rose jointed camber arms (I also have some but not yet installed), specially the corrosion issues due to water ingress and also perhaps salt. The option of the camber arms shown by horgantrevor look much better as using rubber bushes and seem more weather resisting. Rose joints are very nice for racing applications and very fine suspension tuning, but are they really necessary for regular road use? I am having doubts... :confused:

Last edited:
Here's a better picture of my rodend with rubber selflubrication, there is only rubber on this side shown on this picture, nothing on the backside.

My rodends are they called rose joint?
Is it a short life on these rose joints and do they transfer alot of road noize into the cabin?

What kind of rubber boots should I get to cover the endings?

Should I use those factory metal sleeves which are mounted on factory camber arms to get the bolt stuck in place correctly when installing these arms on my car?

Last edited:
I know almost the square root of zero about rose joints, but do know they are often fitted to kit cars and unless the car is garaged and only used on dry days they quickly wear. But that may be a incorrect summary on the product you've bought.

I know almost the square root of zero about rose joints, but do know they are often fitted to kit cars and unless the car is garaged and only used on dry days they quickly wear. But that may be a incorrect summary on the product you've bought.

hi bud.
I don't drive my car during winter, only the spring/summer season and there's lots of rain these months, you think rose joints go bad if car is driven when it rains and get rusty?
Here's the link where I bought them.
http://mbartsperformance.com/MBA-GEN1-ARCA.html

This is the technical data for my camber arms?
Is it good information about my rod ends because I don't understand all the numbers and the rest of the alloy material information

Materials:

1" diameter 6061-T6 aircraft aluminum
•74,000-78,000 psi tensile strength
•63,000-69,000 psi yield strength

QA1 chromoly rod ends
•17,955 lb. radial static load rating
•Ball specifications ◦Heat Treated alloy steel
◦Hard Chrome Plated

•Race specifications ◦Self-lubricating Teflon/Kevlar race

The MB Arts adjustable rear camber arms have several advantages over the stamped steel units from the factory:
•MB Arts adjustable rear camber arms are lighter and stronger than the OEM arms.
•MB Arts adjustable rear camber arms use bushings that last longer than the OEM rubber bushings. And if the rod ends wear out, you can replace them without replacing the entire camber arm.

Last edited:
Hi, rose joint is perhaps a little old school but essentially describes the same thing as a rod end. The boot should be available for the control arm supplier, if not a bearing supplier like Brammer may well be able to help you.
For my money I would go the rout in the #9 post, it will give you the best of both worlds adjustability, and the life and comfort of the rubber joint, depending on what you are ultimately looking to achieve.

Massive Vibration

The camber arms DO transfer massive vibration, into the body from the road especially at speeds of 140kmh and over. I bought and fitted a set recently. I will give them a couple of hundred more kilometers at high speed and then they will get dumped. I cant take the vibration. I would prefer to spend the money on tyres.

I had my adjustable camber arms fitted to my car.
I don't hear any noise from my car at all, she runs very quietly, the only thing I hear is the MGM lion from my tail pipes.

I had some other steering/suspension mods done.
balljoints
tie rod ends
front swaybar bushings
2 x lower control arms
2 X upper control arms
front eccentric bolts fitted

front spring pads to thinnest version 5mm thick
( front springpad raised my car with one finger height, WTF! Now it's the same height front as on rear!)

rear adjustable camber arms
4 new tires
4 wheel alignment

had my steering damper replaced 2 years ago

front spring pads to thinnest version 5mm thick
( front springpad raised my car with one finger height, WTF! Now it's the same height front as on rear!)

Are you sure the front pads are sitting correctly or not upside down :confused:

Are you sure the front pads are sitting correctly or not upside down :confused:

my mekanik put them on so I'm sure he did this correct.
rubber pads sag through many years of hard labour, when I change my shox upfront I will reuse my old pads again

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom