My new AMG! G55 AMG Kompressor

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KillerHERTZ

Administrator
Staff member
Car
SL63 AMG
With my CLS now sold, I have a new AMG (controversial on here I know! :) )

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
An interesting colour combination for the interior.

Not one to hustle around the Nurburgring!

Mentions that SB boot opening is too high off the floor. Buys 4x4. 😆

Impeccable man-maths there. I tip my hat.

Yeah the interior wouldnt be my first choice, however in person it looks alright. And strangly enough I would say the leather is better quality than on the CLS :dk: ?!?

Nurburgring? Hell yes! - the fuel costs getting there however :(

2022-g-class-4x4-squared-is-like-an-elephant-on-rollerblades-on-the-nurburgring_3.jpg

We actually tried to get Oakley (the dog) into a shooting brake, he wasnt having any of it. Maybe is due to the boot 'lip' not being flat?. He jumped in the G no problem. :)

LHD conversion. The interior mirror isn't where it was and the seat belt is to your left. Sooner or later you will go to the wrong door. Just laugh it off. Stepping straight onto the pavement is a joy. Having to walk to the fuel payment kiosk - not so much. A front seat passenger covering their eyes with both hands scares the shit out of other motorists. Aint that so Karl?

Great video and congrats that you have the car you've wanted so long! Awesome car... though not to my taste 😁

Hey Karl,I found you a set of C43 side skirts 😜

Jokes aside,car looks lovely including the color which makes a change.Looking forward to seeing some mods,something the club seems to lack now days
Also (my opinion) the color of the wooded pieces looks dreadful,sorry 😳

Last edited:
I think there’s a great feeling of rebellion owning a marmite car. Congratulations on getting the car you’ve always wanted. 🥳

Shame you didn’t show the boot space in the video. Unless there was something sinister in there? 🤪

I love the colour of the seats. Not so much into any of the wood trim.

Surprised to see the front discs are solid and not drilled.

You do a great job of speaking freely in the videos too (I’d be a stuttering fool). Too many YouTubers seem to edit their sentences to death with no gaps to even take a breath. 👍

LHD conversion. The interior mirror isn't where it was and the seat belt is to your left. Sooner or later you will go to the wrong door. Just laugh it off. Stepping straight onto the pavement is a joy. Having to walk to the fuel payment kiosk - not so much. A front seat passenger covering their eyes with both hands scares the shit out of other motorists. Aint that so Karl?

Haha, yes I have already made the mistake of getting into the wrong side, to make matters worse I can only unlock it on the drivers side (no sensor on Passenger?). The G Wagen isnt very big at all, I have bought a grabber to get parking tickets/McDonalds etc. However simply removing my seatbelt allows me to reach across and out of the passenger window.

Hey Karl,I found you a set of C43 side skirts 😜

Haha, it would have been easier to find the Holy grail than those, I think it was the member 'Mobb'? who I finally got them off?

Jokes aside,car looks lovely including the color which makes a change.Looking forward to seeing some mods,something the club seems to lack now days
Also (my opinion) the color of the wooded pieces looks dreadful,sorry 😳

Its the only Cubanite G55 in the UK apparently (according to previous owner who posted this on PH).

I have a fair number of things planned for it, first up getting it ship shape and fixing some of the damaged trim.

I think there’s a great feeling of rebellion owning a marmite car. Congratulations on getting the car you’ve always wanted. 🥳

Shame you didn’t show the boot space in the video. Unless there was something sinister in there? 🤪

I love the colour of the seats. Not so much into any of the wood trim.

Surprised to see the front discs are solid and not drilled.

You do a great job of speaking freely in the videos too (I’d be a stuttering fool). Too many YouTubers seem to edit their sentences to death with no gaps to even take a breath. 👍

I was fully expecting a full on backlash on here :) - so far so good!

I did another min or so long part of the video showing the boot, it was orignally a 7 seater and the seats have been removed (possibly to get it through UK MOT?). I didnt include it as I thought people would find it boring :dk:

Yeah, I will wrap the wood I think, someone actually paid for that Desinio trim :)

Thanks for the comments on my presenting, it took alot of takes and the transistions are hidden between 'B roll' (the photos of the E-Class & the camera shot from the back of the car). Talking to the camera whilst driving when you only have 20miles left before you drop the car off is very stressful :D

Last edited:
Love it congrats !

Leave the wood oem

Nice to see you purchase a old school Amg, the modern products are ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

I’m going to take some inspiration from your logic.

Got a dog: need a G-wagon

I’m gonna buy a new cordless drill so I can get a new bigger, better van. 😁

A front seat passenger covering their eyes with both hands scares the shit out of other motorists. Aint that so Karl?
My favourite has been to provide them with a spare steering wheel which "comes off in the hands" as you pass another car.

I quite like it, interior not my cup of tea but who cares only you,the LHD doesn't bother me and you get used to it most of my first 10 year's of driving were LHD abit daunting on a b road over take and never trust the passenger to say yes its clear 😉

Haha, yes I have already made the mistake of getting into the wrong side, to make matters worse I can only unlock it on the drivers side (no sensor on Passenger?). The G Wagen isnt very big at all, I have bought a grabber to get parking tickets/McDonalds etc. However simply removing my seatbelt allows me to reach across and out of the passenger window.
It was the interior mirror that I found the hardest to adapt to.

I did another min or so long part of the video showing the boot, it was orignally a 7 seater and the seats have been removed (possibly to get it through UK MOT?). I didnt include it as I thought people would find it boring :dk:
Part of the SUV thing is the useable space - so definitely would have been of interest.
If there weren't seat belts in the rearmost seats, then possibly MOT was the reason they were removed - but why still missing? Unusable legally without belts but that could be remedied.

Thanks for the comments on my presenting, it took alot of takes and the transistions are hidden between 'B roll' (the photos of the E-Class & the camera shot from the back of the car). Talking to the camera whilst driving when you only have 20miles left before you drop the car off is very stressful :D

You have a good presenting style and pace. Not shouty but still pacy enough to maintain interest.

Lovely motor, Karl, I've always liked these, and l like the interior too, looking forward to, more Videos as you get it, just how you want it. :cool: :)👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom