My new C-Class

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rayaans

Car
C200
Hi guys, quick introduction really. Been an owner of a W204 Coupe for a while now. I bought the car in January from Mercedes-Benz of Hull. Decent chaps, decent service but oh my god, the amount of after sales rubbish I had to say no to!

Anyways, here is the car - Polar White/Black C180 AMG-Sport Edition Premium Plus. 15 plate with 60k miles on it.

jwQeFByh.jpg

gRBJipnh.jpg

PHMzNVKh.jpg

I've come from an 08 Golf 1.4 TSI Match which was remapped to 150hp. All in all, the drive doesn't feel that much different. The Golf was certainly quicker but the Merc has a more controlled ride and doesn't lean as much whilst also being smoother/more stable on the motorway. The C180 is quieter for sure and feels more solid generally. Damn these doors are heavy!

The 1.6 engine is fine for me. Being 23 years old it definitely helps with insurance costs compared to the C250 1.8. I've since had the car remapped from original 156hp to 175hp with an increase of 80NM of torque to 310nm. Plenty for me in all honesty, and still getting 42mpg on a run.

zSvtBBVh.jpg

Also removed the dealer stickers and polished the exhaust tip

t3Ehvhkh.jpg

77dfnNUh.jpg

TuYxuYih.jpg

fGTORsxh.jpg

pxJ4Hnih.jpg

aiwvSsVh.jpg

Apart from that, the sunroof broke so had to have it fixed under warranty at Mercedes Huddersfield - no issues there are they loaned me a brand new A250 4matic. Lots of go but certainly no C class :)

Welcome to the forum and nice car. :thumb: Please don't take offence but a word to the wise, you have just advertised your car's identity and the fact its been remapped on an open forum . If you have informed your insurance company of this modification its fine but if not you could be in trouble in the event of a claim !

Hi guys, quick introduction really. Been an owner of a W204 Coupe for a while now. I bought the car in January from Mercedes-Benz of Hull. Decent chaps, decent service but oh my god, the amount of after sales rubbish I had to say no to!

Anyways, here is the car - Polar White/Black C180 AMG-Sport Edition Premium Plus. 15 plate with 60k miles on it.

jwQeFByh.jpg

gRBJipnh.jpg

PHMzNVKh.jpg

I've come from an 08 Golf 1.4 TSI Match which was remapped to 150hp. All in all, the drive doesn't feel that much different. The Golf was certainly quicker but the Merc has a more controlled ride and doesn't lean as much whilst also being smoother/more stable on the motorway. The C180 is quieter for sure and feels more solid generally. Damn these doors are heavy!

The 1.6 engine is fine for me. Being 23 years old it definitely helps with insurance costs compared to the C250 1.8. I've since had the car remapped from original 156hp to 175hp with an increase of 80NM of torque to 310nm. Plenty for me in all honesty, and still getting 42mpg on a run.

zSvtBBVh.jpg

Also removed the dealer stickers and polished the exhaust tip

t3Ehvhkh.jpg

77dfnNUh.jpg

TuYxuYih.jpg

fGTORsxh.jpg

pxJ4Hnih.jpg

aiwvSsVh.jpg

Apart from that, the sunroof broke so had to have it fixed under warranty at Mercedes Huddersfield - no issues there are they loaned me a brand new A250 4matic. Lots of go but certainly no C class :)
Like that a lot! Love white coupe's with Pan roofs. :rolleyes::D

Welcome. Very nice car.

And you didn't go wrong with the choice of engine... the 1.6L on the C180CGI (as of 2013) is based on the newer M274 engine, while the 250CGI is still based on the older M271 engine which has known timing chain issues.

The M274 currently has no known 'typical' issues :thumb:

Welcome to the forum and nice car. :thumb: Please don't take offence but a word to the wise, you have just advertised your car's identity and the fact its been remapped on an open forum . If you have informed your insurance company of this modification its fine but if not you could be in trouble in the event of a claim !

Welcome. Very nice car.

And you didn't go wrong with the choice of engine... the 1.6L on the C180CGI (as of 2013) is based on the newer M274 engine, while the 250CGI is still based on the older M271 engine which has known timing chain issues.

The M274 currently has no known 'typical' issues :thumb:

Thanks for the kind messages and no offence taken. Insurance company is aware of the remap and even the bloody dashcam as it's a "modification" apparently.

Ah interesting regarding known issues. The 1.6 is more than fine in my opinion. It's certainly smoother than the 2.1L diesel and makes a better noise. Ofc fuel economy is worse but I only drive 8k miles per year so didn't feel the need for a diesel.

The only issue I have, which is minor but still present, is the gearbox. It's okay but I think it needs a remap too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom