My new C250CDI Sport

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kinaero

Car
E220CDI AMG SPORT Estate
Yeehaa!! I am now officially a Mercedes member :D

Last time I had one was over 15years ago, a 300E :)

Due to an investment opportunity, I have to cancel my C63estate, gutted if I am being honest, so I settled down with something with AMG bodykit instead :D

Not as quite as E250CDI, may be it has better insulations, but I am more than happy with its power, plenty of poke!!

Although I am slightly annoyed with its stop start feature, may be somewhere in the handbook will tell me how to disable this feature??

The car is pretty much standard apart from privacy glass and heated seats

DSC00076.jpg

DSC00075.jpg

DSC00073.jpg

DSC00072.jpg

DSC00071.jpg

DSC00078.jpg

Nice car congratulations, press the Eco button to turn off the stop/start but it defaults to being on when you turn the car off and start it again.

Lovely motor car, they don't need much speccing, all the niceties are there. Half leather is also really nice and preferable IMHO to leather.

I like those wheels, they look like those on the 190e Evolution.

Beautiful car... what do you have on the display, e.g. in-car-entertainment-wise?

You quickly get used to the stop start business.

I found it odd for two days, got comfortable with is after about a week.

Now don't notice it.

Nice car congratulations, press the Eco button to turn off the stop/start but it defaults to being on when you turn the car off and start it again.
Thanks, I thought it was for the air-con?

Beautiful car... what do you have on the display, e.g. in-car-entertainment-wise?
I currently have Shrek DVD :p.
Do you know if I could somehow change the DVD to region "0" without taking it to the dealership?

Lovely motor car, they don't need much speccing, all the niceties are there. Half leather is also really nice and preferable IMHO to leather.
Agreed! Command online, climate, xenon, almost electric everything..
All I need now is a set of winter tyres :)

Lovely - enjoy both those turbo's :thumb:.

Thanks, I thought it was for the air-con?

No problem, there should be an A/C button next to the Zone button somewhere amongst the climate control panel that's your air con, the Eco button will have a green light on when the stop/start is active.

Congratulations!

I'll be getting one of those next week, very similar: C250 Sport estate, privacy glass, metallic green (!). No Comand for me though but DAB, Becker and HK instead.

Don't suppose if anyone knows if the 5.8" screen recognises iPod video?

Last edited:
I've always sworn that I would never own an estate car as I just don't like the looks, but I have to admit that that is one handsome looking car. If I had to have one, that's the one I would go for :thumb:

No problem, there should be an A/C button next to the Zone button somewhere amongst the climate control panel that's your air con, the Eco button will have a green light on when the stop/start is active.
Thanks I know where it is, just didn't realized it was for stop/start function.

I will only deactivate it if I was in one of those slow crawling traffic that stops and moves every few secs :doh:

Congratulations!

I'll be getting one of those next week, very similar: C250 Sport estate, privacy glass, metallic green (!). No Comand for me though but DAB, Becker and HK instead.

Don't suppose if anyone knows if the 5.8" screen recognises iPod video?
Thanks, I think you'll find this 250CDI will probably have more midrange punch than your 130i

I've always sworn that I would never own an estate car as I just don't like the looks, but I have to admit that that is one handsome looking car. If I had to have one, that's the one I would go for :thumb:
Thanks I always liked C class estate, same goes for Audi A4 Avant.

Thanks I know where it is, just didn't realized it was for stop/start function.

I will only deactivate it if I was in one of those slow crawling traffic that stops and moves every few secs :doh:

I found it a bit annoying when I had a demo car for the weekend. It seems to work better on the manual BMWs as for short 'stops' you can keep the car in gear and the clutch pedal depressed; the start-stop system doesn't kick in unless you actually move the gear lever to neutral.

On your new Mercedes have you realised that you can push the brake pedal down hard and take your foot off and then it holds the car on the brake, ie for steep hill starts etc? I thought that was very clever!

Lovely - enjoy both those turbo's :thumb:.
I certainly will !!
After I cancelled my C63, I had a choice of 2 CDI sport estates to choose, one was this one i got now and the other was a C350CDI.

Must admit I am well impressed with the 250CDI relentless wave of torque!!

One could only imagine what a 350CDI could do!!

Thanks, I think you'll find this 250CDI will probably have more midrange punch than your 130i

Absolutely. I was very impressed with the 250 and even compared with its big brother 350CDI.

I was very tempted by the 330d which was a similar price on the lease rates but the Mercedes won for a number of reasons; bigger boot, better emissions and MPG, lower tax (company car), nice auto box.

Plus, after 8 or 9 years of BMWs I fancied a change.

I will probably keep the 130i or get a Z4 3.0si (same engine) though, it is a great motor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom