My new C320CDI

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Colin_b

MB Enthusiast
Car
C250CDI (C320CDI & SLK350, Sold) & the Trusty Citigo
Well, new to me:) Had it a couple of weeks, and its most pleasing. Excellent performance, well put together, and a nice place to be.

Mid range acceleration, is really pleasing, makes overtaking quick and safe. No rattles or bits falling off. Fuel consumption is good, a worst of 32mpg short journey commuting, 42mpg motorway. Overall about 20% less fuel use than the Astra it replaced, and somewhat quicker
smile.gif

Non-sport suspension was a good move, manages the lumpy Cumbrian roads with aplomb.

It isn't entirely perfect though, a few things I need to fix, so I'm looking for pointers.

Comand seems a little out of date, quite a few roads missing from the navigation bit. Not a problem, something to take my time over.

The heater has a touch of asthma, at mid to high fan settings it hisses, sounds like something is blocked somewhere,. Again, no problem, it goes on the list.

The off side wing mirror creaks and groans when if folds in and out. I've tried oiling it with limited success. Noisy, but it works fine.

Finally headlamps. Standard, but I'd like to improve them , they aren't as good as the SLK's xenons. Another project.

All in all I'm delighted:)

Get some pictures up then!!! :rock:

They are nice cars...

I have used ours for work, unusually. 6hours, 320 miles 45 mpg. It was showing 48 until I encountered some twisty roads with no traffic...

If only I could persuade her indoors that she wants.to drive a Volvo...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom