My new C55

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr Miggins

Car
C55 AMG Estate.
56' Silver estate, photos to follow.

I love her, although this is my first week and very much the honeymoon period. With 100k miles she feels amazingly fresh and a credit to previous owners with meticulous services records up to date.

My first V8, heavenly torque and noise. The car is totally original, I was planning on secondary cats and resonator delete but now I'm not so sure.

Great seats, nice gadgets but it's all about the engine, it just makes me happy. The slightly firm ride is just right for me but a little jarring on passengers and the backseats and boot are quite tight but fine for my needs.

This car has bundles of charecter, the engine, gearbox and handling all require learning to get the most out of her and this is a quality I like in a car, it makes for a proper relationship as we get to know each other.

It has bleeped at me twice to "Reduce oil level" which got my heart beating. There is no loss of coolant and the service completed last month at it's regular main dealer confirms the correct amount of oil was used. I don't like the no dip stick thing. The oil level check now says level ok but I would like to be able to check exactly how much is in her to monitor oil consumption if nothing else.

I'm off for a drive :D

Congratulations. Enjoy.

Nice car..enjoy it as much as you can! I still can't get over the noise these cars make! Big smile every time on start up. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

The oil level check now says level ok but I would like to be able to check exactly how much is in her to monitor oil consumption if nothing else.

I'm off for a drive :D

Welcome to the forum! Sounds lovely! I have read online (as i googled about my car as it has warned me a couple of times) about issues with level sensors throwing up spurious alarms. Get it changed out next service or sooner.

It could be likely that the oil level on your car is off. Park the car up and check the oil level the following day using the on board computer, prior to starting the car. MB computer has an annoying thing whereby it will warn you of low oil, then when you pull over to check it says observe service schedule (or something to that effect).

If it has been filled to MAX at service time while the engine is cold , when the engine warms and the oil expands , it can trigger the warning.

Always fill to just under MAX :)

Does the w203 55 really not have a dipstick ? My car ( same model designation engine m113 ) has a manual pull in / pull out dipstick as well as the computer ?

If it has been filled to MAX at service time while the engine is cold , when the engine warms and the oil expands , it can trigger the warning.

Always fill to just under MAX :)

Does the w203 55 really not have a dipstick ? My car ( same model designation engine m113 ) has a manual pull in / pull out dipstick as well as the computer ?

No dipstick I'm afraid, just a red pull out plug to cover the oil level tube. I know some models with the m113 have a dipstick but not mine :(

There are some universal dipsticks available on ebay although it seems to come in a pack of 4 to include transmission oil dipsticks as well.

The cars running like a dream but the oil warning has made me nervous although not repeated.

Pics!

Attachments

• 2014 car dog jake 036.jpg
    2014 car dog jake 036.jpg
    231 KB · Views: 76
  • 2014 car dog jake 035.jpg
    2014 car dog jake 035.jpg
    205.9 KB · Views: 57
  • 2014 car dog jake 037.jpg
    2014 car dog jake 037.jpg
    230.2 KB · Views: 45
Never had such a large engine in a car but am starting to get seriously tempted. Give me a clue on cost for such a beast.

Never had such a large engine in a car but am starting to get seriously tempted. Give me a clue on cost for such a beast.

Mike, I paid 11k for the C55, reduced from 12k including new tax and rear tyres. Still quite strong money for a 100,000 mile car which can be had for 8-10k but this one was full merc history, and was clearly well cared for, just serviced and MOTed where as others needed servicing and only a couple of months to run on MOT.

The torquey auto is great for the stop/start driving I do and is no worse on fuel (ie fairly terrible but tolerable at 4000mile/year) than the rev hungry subaru Legacy 3.0r Spec B I've come from.

No idea why but most insurers were £5-600 but Sheilas Wheels/esure came in at £266 :bannana: I guess because there are so few of these on the market, very few are stolen or crashed?

This is my first V8, other cars on my potential list were S4 Avant and 335i touring (less likely but possibles were C5 RS6 Avant and Cayenne Turbo). I've had great fun/torture since the New Year weighing up the differences and checking out cars. I am, thus far, really, really happy to have gone with the little estate with a big heart AMG :thumb:

Last edited:
Nice one . I also have a silver c55 amg estate. Don't think there are that many of them in the country.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom