My new car

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That’s a great looking car. 👍

has it got the Matrix headlights and dynamic front indicators?

Nice!

A week and 957 miles in! The first noticeable thing about this car is how it adapts to the environment it’s in, I have driven to the coast in sport mode down a/b roads and it was like driving a rally car but driving up the motorway and round central London in comfort mode it is so quiet that it could be an electric car. I called my wife on the Bluetooth and she said it sounded like I was in a very quiet room! I have averaged 31.6 MPG but I haven’t really been trying for economy, one trip I achieved 37.2 which I thought was great but boring.

Its has my three kids in the back on a long journey and no complaints for space from any of them. My youngest suffers from car sickness in the Macan and occasionally in the Bentley but she hasn’t mentioned anything in this.

I miss the auto brake hold feature which should be standard, I’ll retrofit it myself at some point. Also it doesn’t have reverse camera which I may retrofit also. My keyless entry also appears to have stopped working so I’m going to have to make a trip to the Audi dealership to find out what is going on there!

Although the car is very fast, the acceleration isn’t brutal, it’s progressive and doesn’t feel as fast as what it is, I am deciding wether I just do a remap or go stage two with bigger intercooler, intake and exhaust. I would like more power from it but don’t want to loose that “adaptive” feel. You gain approx 70bhp or 120bhp increase between the two, stage two making it faster than the RS5. Stage two is an additional £2k over a remap though and it’s hard to tell if it’s really worth it!

All in all it is a fantastic daily, a bit more power and it will be perfect!

Attachments

• C0975B80-0FA4-40FC-8158-30E9C7C41EEA.jpeg
    C0975B80-0FA4-40FC-8158-30E9C7C41EEA.jpeg
    652.5 KB · Views: 16
The first noticeable thing about this car is how it adapts to the environment it’s in

Ummmmmm ..... it's an Audi.

Everybody and everything is being forced to adapt around you. You don't notice that because of the malign influence of The Car (1977).:eek:

I’m looking at tuning options for my s5. APR are quoting large BHP differences from stock between Using 95/98RON. From the link below, they are stating that the s5 achieves 395bhp from stock with 98 Ron fuel, this is a huge increase and doesn’t seem right to me. Can anyone clarify if such a big increase is actually possible? If it makes any difference, I always use 99 but filled up with 95 once and couldn’t tell any difference in all honesty.

APR 3.0T ECU Upgrade for the Audi B9 S4, S5, and SQ5

I’m looking at tuning options for my s5. APR are quoting large BHP differences from stock between Using 95/98RON. From the link below, they are stating that the s5 achieves 395bhp from stock with 98 Ron fuel, this is a huge increase and doesn’t seem right to me. Can anyone clarify if such a big increase is actually possible? If it makes any difference, I always use 99 but filled up with 95 once and couldn’t tell any difference in all honesty.

APR 3.0T ECU Upgrade for the Audi B9 S4, S5, and SQ5

I believe it's the other way around with regard to octane. If your car is designed to run on 98RON and you give it 95RON, it may pink and may not run the same power nor economy as it does with 98RON.

A car designed to run on 95RON will not be any different with 98RON apart from the additional additives maybe keeping it clean if it otherwise would get grubby.

You will have probably had some higher octane fuel left in your tank which will have brought the level of the 95RON up slightly.

Although I believe RON declines with time anyway but not sure how quickly.

so I bought this 1987 Bentley turbo r afew months ago. Gave it a good polish up today and I’m really happy with how it came out!

Attachments

• B8D12D1E-152D-4ED0-AFB7-805A4DBF96FC.jpeg
    B8D12D1E-152D-4ED0-AFB7-805A4DBF96FC.jpeg
    147.1 KB · Views: 33
Another Bentley, looks great ;):thumb: How is it compared to the Continental ? Have you tried www.flyingspares.com

Another Bentley, looks great ;):thumb: How is it compared to the Continental ? Have you tried www.flyingspares.com
Thanks!! Ermmmm it’s, well it’s boaty!!! It’s pretty comical driving it, you literally get treated like royalty, everyone and I mean everyone will let you out at any junction even if doing so literally involves the most dangerous manoeuvre they will ever carry out in their life!
Yes flying spares can be very good however I need this purchase to be under 4 figures!

Love a Turbo R, especially in black.

I often look them up to see what prices are doing.

Would probably make my S feel like an F1 car in terms of handling but that really appeals these days...

I just know the parts prices are creative and that does put me off somewhat.

Love a Turbo R, especially in black.

I often look them up to see what prices are doing.

Would probably make my S feel like an F1 car in terms of handling but that really appeals these days...

I just know the parts prices are creative and that does put me off somewhat.
This is now my second one, I had a blue one a couple of years ago as a fixer upper. The earlier ones are much less complex, the main issues are electric seats which won’t move due to batteries in their specific ecu’s failing (which mine is suffering from now) and rust. I would 100% recommend one!

Yes flying spares can be very good however I need this purchase to be under 4 figures!
I know what you mean 😂🤣😂🤣

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom